Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Korina Vector

I been wanting a Korina Vector for some time now and mentioned it to a buddy today and he is in a fit of gas for a custom shop guitar. He pulled out a 1983 Gibson Korina flying v heritage he had stashed. He bought it from Gruens in Nashville in the early 90's. Its mint with all the paperwork, shaw buckers ect. I need to make up my mind on this one cause the price is right "$500.00  over what he paid for it 20 plus years ago... So I thought I would put out a feeler on the board. I have not seen any for sale lately but ya never know.  

Sounds like you have the potential to make enough to buy 2 Vectors if you flip that V.

I paid about $1600 for an A series around 20 years ago. Wasn't mint (but very nice), wrong case. Had an enormous neck. Sold it about 5 years later for not much more. Now? I hate to think about it, but shit happened.

I remember passing on an '83 mint Candy Apple Red/black guard Korina Vee in 1992 because I had to have a PS10.  Both guitars were $995.   I still have the stocklist from Dave's with that one to mock that stupid decision.

Guess I ran into the stupid deal of the day???? I must saddle up my horse and get the deal done...lol FYI...deal includes his original purchase sales slip from Gruens and there catalog listing it for sale.

Only question I have for you guys with some experience with this guitar is the frets are not medium jumbos.....sort of look like like what you see on the 50's pauls ...is it me or is this what they came out with at the time? They look in great shape just kind of small. Ink stamp on back of neck is...F 022. Neck cavity has Vicky D in pencil on the bottom and humbucker is ink stamped 153 183.

He further shocked me by pulling out a Gibson Heritage Korina explorer labeled Prototype from the same time. He purchased both together. He has no interest selling it though.....

Be extremely cautious!

If this development carries on, you might end up with a 58 Moderne in your hands.

Wouldn't hurt if it should be stamped „prototype“, either.

I would buy that Vee 8 days a week at that price.

thanks guys you helped me with the buying jitters .....ended up today with the Korina v Heritage. I will try to do some pic's in the future. Got a new computer last week now have to figure out how to add and send pictures too. 

JUST THIS 1 TAKEN FROM A IPHONE. WHAT YOU CANNOT SEE IN THE PICKUP CAVITY IS WRIITEN IN PENCIL "VICKY D" UNDER THE NITRO...... IN THE NECK AND UNDER THE 154 183 INK MARKED BRIDGE IS A "A" STAMP.

As promised pictures of the new KORINA V

83HeritageFlyingVShawNeckpickup.jpg

DSC00504.JPG

DSC00500.JPG

DSC00501.JPG

DSC00499.JPG

DSC00497.JPG

DSC00503.JPG

DSC00498.JPG

That is awesome! I remember that "Airborne Again" pic and logo in advertisements in GP... I drooled over them, but for me, at that time, they were so unobtainable. Love it, Congrats!

SINCE SHE IS A SIGNED GUITAR....AND A....V....with "Vicky D" in the neck pocket someone suggested I name her VICKY!

14 hours ago, merlin4 said:

SINCE SHE IS A SIGNED GUITAR....AND A....V....with "Vicky D" in the neck pocket someone suggested I name her VICKY!

How about VD 😜?

VD...hmmmm.Thats the ticket!  Damm guys you make me feel like Rodney Dangerfield with a target on my back...lol

18sixmf5a05vojpg.jpg

I may just call the guitar.......RODNEY

37 minutes ago, DaveH said:

Are you crazy? At least the fret markers are centered. :lol:

Seriously.  They set out to make "reissues" and then do something as visually distracting as that.  

Took the V by my luthier's shop today just to have them check it out. I was floored to learn they have a local customer that has 3 full sets of the  Korina Heritage models. I thought I had a gas problem til now.......

1 hour ago, merlin4 said:

Took the V by my luthier's shop today just to have them check it out. I was floored to learn they have a local customer that has 3 full sets of the  Korina Heritage models. I thought I had a gas problem til now.......

You do. That fellow just has it worse. :P

Archived