Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Is this forum a cult?

MTM105

I got booted from Dr Z forum.  Nice forum.  There seems to be a common thread of homage to Z without criticism.

I criticized and plugged competitors and quickly got banned.  Nothing against the good Dr.  He's a mighty friendly chap.  Just the MOD is a dick.

Hamer doesn't really have competitors, though.  You either like it and own, or don't.   Maybe PRS.

Cult like adoration/respect for Hamers maybe. But cult? Nah, no one here is drinking any Kool Aid.

1 minute ago, MTM105 said:

The Gear Page.  smh.

I like Marshall forum.  They know their product ROCKS and they're not insecure about it.  I got one kind warning once about posting religion.  Marshall, who would think?

If you provoke me, I'm gonna come back harder.

I'm on the Z board too, but I'm not very active there. All my posting time and skills are reserved for here :)

I've never really noticed anything cultish. They like their Z's (as do I), but there are other brands out there, of course. 

6 minutes ago, Sugartune said:

I'm on the Z board too, but I'm not very active there. All my posting time and skills are reserved for here :)

I've never really noticed anything cultish. They like their Z's (as do I), but there are other brands out there, of course. 

AHHH!!  A Kool Aid drinker!! lol

That's the theme.  "there are other brands out there..."  wink. wink.  Insert Reverse psychology (HERE).

And when I elaborated on those in comparison without bashing Z's, WHAMO!!!

If cult means a bunch of nice guys that share a common interest (and sometimes their hearts) definitely!!

If it means bashing folks with different opinions - no way!

Just now, MTM105 said:

AHHH!!  A Kool Aid drinker!! lol

That's the theme.  "there are other brands out there..."  And when I elaborated on those in comparison, WHAMO!!!

I don't know what you mean. If you're on a Z board, don't be surprised when the majority of gear content or discussion is Z related. What is the intent of your elaborated comparison? Did you just go on the Z board to tell them you like another brands take on an amp style over Z? 

Help me understand. You've been a member for 12 - 13 years and you are just now asking about the forum? I feel like we are a band of brothers with an interest or obsession in Hamer guitars whether we own any or not. But most people here are probably monogamous. 

4 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Help me understand. You've been a member for 12 - 13 years and you are just now asking about the forum? I feel like we are a band of brothers with an interest or obsession in Hamer guitars whether we own any or not. But most people here are probably monogamous. 

Hmm, I would have guessed that most people here own and like other guitars as well.  I can point to lovers of (certain) PRS, (certain) Gibson, Fender, G&L, ESP, Robin, Yamaha, Suhr, Danocaster, Melancon (j'accuse!), and that's just off the top of my head.

45 minutes ago, MTM105 said:

grp_hamer_060.JPG

That is a 15+ year old Ed Roman website photo. Couple real sweeties there like the Standard left rear and the Studios up front on both sides. Wonder where some of those are? Wonder how many are still at that shop?

38 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

Hmm, I would have guessed that most people here own and like other guitars as well.  I can point to lovers of (certain) PRS, (certain) Gibson, Fender, G&L, ESP, Robin, Yamaha, Suhr, Danocaster, Melancon (j'accuse!), and that's just off the top of my head.

I wasn't talking about guitars, lol. 

I spend time on thebMarshall forum, TDPRI, and on a Lovepedal thread on the Gearpage. All minor compared to my time here.

I am still a member on the Z-Forum but haven’t been there in years. Lots of VERY knowledgeable peeps there who share freely. Never had an issue but I was mostly a lurker there researching info...

HFC is the best.

Archived