Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Going to see Tommy, yes

JimiH

At one time you could get in on a free meet and greet if you were at the merchandise table about an hour before showtime.  Then you had to sign up at his web site in advance if you wanted to meet him, but it was still free.  Now you have to buy a meet and greet.  He will sign anything you bring him, and if it is a guitar he will play it when he signs it.  Quite often he has guitar seminars the afternoon of a show.  Those have always cost a fee. 

You will be happy with his show.  He is always amazing! 

I just want to thank Jimi for starting this thread. Without it, I probably wouldn't have checked Tommy's tour schedule and found him playing in Cincy tonight. He just finished and it was truly amazing. He plays with such joy. And he's a better drummer on his guitar than most drummers I know.

As a bonus, Rodney Crowell opened and played a couple of songs with him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, JimiH said:

Tomorrow 👍 thinking of taking my guitar for him to sign? But don’t want to lug that around. Not too sure the script with the whole meet and greet?

Geoff

Take a piece of thin plywood about 3"x5" for him to sign. Then glue it onto your guitar when you get home.

On 5/17/2018 at 9:08 PM, Jack C said:

Take the control cavity cover. 

Or a pick guard, whatever. I’m not an LP guy, but i still have a Les Paul pick guard signed by Les, from a random Monday night in NYC.You never know.

And I was psyched to see Mr. Emmanuel (CGP) at the Clearwater festival in NY last year. He was scary good in 95 degree heat and insane humidity. The hype is real on this guy. 

Didn’t end up taking the guitar but wow what a gig. The guy is a legend! If you get the chance which is likely since he does 300 shows a year, do yourself a favour and go 🎸🤘

Archived