Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Hawthornes New Album - Now Available!

coolfeel

For those interested, our band's new album is now available via CD and for digital download through CD Baby here: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/thehawthornes2

We can send CDs out as well.

The album is also available through iTunes and other common channels.

Here is the iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/mn/album/the-hawthornes/1347510982

Hope you enjoy!

I really like the songs I've listened to. Great work, and congrats on the CD release.

I'll wait for a CD. I'm old school that way. Can I get it autographed by the band? 

Wish I could make your CD release show. I've got numerous friends in the Charlotte area and I've been looking for a good excuse to visit. I'll pay attention to your FB page and perhaps make it to one of your upcoming shows.

We just finished an interview with 106.5 which will be aired between 8pm and 9pm tomorrow night (Sunday - Feb 11).  We discussed the new album and the upcoming CD Release Party.

They will be playing 4 songs from the album.  The interview can be listened to tomorrow night via this link: https://1065.iheart.com/featured/divakar/ 

Physical CDs should be available for purchase within the coming days via CD Baby.  I can also ship some out when I get them this week.  I'll keep ya posted...

On 2/10/2018 at 11:57 AM, BruceM said:

I really like the songs I've listened to. Great work, and congrats on the CD release.

I'll wait for a CD. I'm old school that way. Can I get it autographed by the band? 

Wish I could make your CD release show. I've got numerous friends in the Charlotte area and I've been looking for a good excuse to visit. I'll pay attention to your FB page and perhaps make it to one of your upcoming shows.

Yes Bruce, we can sign as well. Let me know...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, look what I got yesterday! I'm really enjoying the first listen on my stereo this morning. And huge thanks to Mike for indulging me in an autographed copy of the CD. Above and beyond the call of the duty. If you haven't already, you should get a copy of this one.

HawthornesCD.jpeg

HawthornesAutographs.jpeg

3 hours ago, BruceM said:

Hey, look what I got yesterday! I'm really enjoying the first listen on my stereo this morning. And huge thanks to Mike for indulging me in an autographed copy of the CD. Above and beyond the call of the duty. If you haven't already, you should get a copy of this one.

Glad to see the CD made it to you safely and that you are enjoying the music!   Thanks so much for checking it out!

22 hours ago, coolfeel said:

Let me know what you think of it!

I will --- still showing unshipped from CD baby at this point but it's only been 24 hrs --- do they manage inventory from a central location? How does the supply side of this work with them - you supply them with xproduct and they manage everything or do they basically handle billing logistics and then send you the artist (or label) a ship order when processed?

3 hours ago, Dasein said:

I will --- still showing unshipped from CD baby at this point but it's only been 24 hrs --- do they manage inventory from a central location? How does the supply side of this work with them - you supply them with xproduct and they manage everything or do they basically handle billing logistics and then send you the artist (or label) a ship order when processed?

When the CD project has completed, several CDs are sent to CD Baby when the CDs are shipped from the production plant. From there, CD Baby handles orders that are placed with them through the remaining inventory. We replenish their inventory accordingly...

OK --- So I've had my CD for 2 days now and had a full CD listen through while driving yesterday, then a few sessions of more isolated listening. I'll post some detailed feedback impressions when I get a chance to spend more time with it -- but I will give you one funny anecdote that might make you smile. Have a young family member (15 year old girl) that's been in pretty serious crisis this past few months (details kept private due to this being the public part of the forum).  We've been doing a lot of the driving back and forth to counseling & health appointments etc and she's struggled to even be present while she wrestles with her internal demons.... Well today I popped in the CD - told her it was a friend's band (she plays guitar too).... and about 2 minutes into the drive playing Truth 2 Power she was singing along with the first cut --- quacking out the guitar and bass lines like a human wah wah pedal.... though she was being silly and making fun of us, she actually had the song in her head and was able to anticipate the changes and sing along like this on first listen ----- We hadn't seen her really relax like this and have fun since before the summer.... it was awesome! And when we got back in the car after her appointment she went right back into singing along with the track. (She's usually very quiet after these).  I skipped through a couple to Drive me Wild (which I fell in love with last year) and she said -- "this one'a a good one" as soon as she heard the guitar come in.  Thanks Cool!

Archived