Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1981 RoundUp - Phil JFK

MTM105

That was the first thing I noticed!  Had to be either somebody up from Sussex County or one of them Lancaster Amish!

By god IT'S A DEAD FXCKING ROOSTER!!  Or Hen.

JEEBUS!!

WHO LET THIS CREETIN IN?  No wait, must be a Southern tradition.  LIke Chicken and waffles.

Who let OZZY in?

This forum IS A CULT!  They're sacrificing animals...

Those are great pics! Love the Sussex Co (DE) reference, Chris....

Ahhhh...JFK saw the Stones there on 25 September of the same year....festival seating...it was a two day free-for-all with the Stones capping it all off on the first date of the Tattoo You Tour.

Down in front, we hit the field at 0600 IIRC...it was after waiting all night long....it was utter lawlessness as we waited all day for the show to start....Thorogood opened and was perfect....Journey came out in pink overalls and leopard jumpsuits and got booed off the stage...and this was 1981 at arguably the height of their popularity....and then the Stones killed.

I never thought to take any dead livestock with me. I just took my brother and friends.

Guy in the Black cowboy shirt is Jimmy Farrar Singer for Molly Hatchet at that time. The hairy towel guy and the hawaiian shirt guy are Outlaws guitar players. Freddie Salem and Billy Jones IIRC.Don't know the others. Thanks for sharing. Festivals were real fun back then.

BTW, I dont' think that rooster is dead. Yet. WTF?!?!? Right?

13 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

18 hours ago, MTM105 said:

June 20, 1981.  Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, 38 Special, Marshall Tucker and Allman Bros.

Upper 90's degree heat.

What is going on with the white towel below??

image.png.0755ed20b4014b32ce66ec8a8109f530.png

image.png.1d229d59efcbb1755972c1fe73471fc2.png

That looks like a hen with a rooster behind her. 

The band photo is Rick Cua, Billy Jones, Jimmy Farrar, Hughie Thomasson, Freddie Salem, a chick who digs guys with mustaches. 

My band was supposed to play a show with Molly Hatchet last summer but our singer backed out at the last minute..

Speaking of 1981.. Here is my 1981...

005.JPG

13 minutes ago, custom53 said:

My band was supposed to play a show with Molly Hatchet last summer but our singer backed out at the last minute..

Speaking of 1981.. Here is my 1981...

005.JPG

Mike - you don't still have my old Ferrari Red Special with the Floyd, do you?  I thought that moved on ages ago, but forget this stuff sometimes!

11 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Mike - you don't still have my old Ferrari Red Special with the Floyd, do you?  I thought that moved on ages ago, but forget this stuff sometimes!

No.. I sold it years ago.. Wish I would have kept it...

82Special-1.jpg

Archived