Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2000 B12L 12 string bass SOLD!

I'm selling my B12L. I've owned it twice.   I bought in the early 2000s and used it a couple years, then sold it to Thundernotes here on the board. He replaced the pickups and I bought it back a few years later.  I've owned it for the past 12 years or so. It's crazy light for a 12ver. The lightest 12 string I have even played. I sold my custom ordered B12A a few years ago to keep this one.

Thundernotes put in passive Duncan bassline pickups and kept the active EQ controls. The passive pickups sound much better and warmer.  The high strings with EMGs on 12vers often sound harsh. Not on this bass.  It has pearloid tuner buttons on the guitar string tuners which look cool and reduce the weight even more. 

Bass is in fantastic shape. Some pick marks, but that's about it.  I used it for recording. Will try to post some links to songs.  SOLD!

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

Wish I would have kept my B12S....!! Awesome Bass Guitars, both models...!

Hamer B12S.jpg

Wish I could buy it again, but still recovering financially from last year’s medical misadventures.  

The bass is crazy light and the pearloid octave string knobs helped balance the weight.  Great deal for some lucky player 🙂

Indeed!  

I vividly remember playing that one at one of the HFC events, when either you or Jack owned it.  I think I missed out on that one at least once, maybe twice before.

Third time's a charm!

;)

Always great to catch up with Jack, and he just happened to be in the DC area this weekend.

Archived