Hamer Fan Club Message Center

So...

LucSulla

...and then he was never heard from/listened to/acknowledged again after the gawdawful "Rock Me Tonite" video was released.

2 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Never once confused it with Zep.

Me, too. Great album full of radio-friendly stuff, but it wasn't Zeppelin.

But yeah, he crushed his career in one fell swoop with Rock me Tonight.

I was lucky enough to have missed the Rock Me Tonight video and only vaguely remember the song. Of course, I had to watch it.

Apparently, Billy really wanted to be considered for the part played by Jennifer Beals in Flashdance...

1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

Billy really wanted to be considered for the part in Flashdance...

So this.

Erwin Center, Austin, 83'?

Saga opens for B.S.

I went to see Saga, I did stick around to watch B.S., took me a lil off guard watching Him prance around leg warmers....:ph34r:

2 hours ago, DaveH said:

There are definitely similarities, I can see how someone could intermingle them.

I've only heard the song a handful of times, and then only on the radio.  I just assumed it was something off In Through the Out Door  or Coda, two albums I haven't heard much aside from the radio staples.  To make matters worse, I've only heard "Nobody's Fault But Mine" the few times I've listened to Presence cover to cover.  

There's a plexi demo Pete Thorn does where he plays that riff, and for the first time in my life, I looked it up to listen to, except I couldn't find it on any Zeppelin album. :D 

Demo is cool btw. 

I read somewhere that he was so well invested that he volunteers to be caretaker for something like twenty acres in Central Park.  He used to live in the same building as Don Imus.  Imus said he was the nicest guy ever.  Then Imus quipped, "but rich guys usually are!" 

41 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

The "Rock Me Tonite" video debacle notwithstanding, "All Night Long" was a rocking tune with a stellar, textbook Plexi tone. 

That album was good. I saw him on that tour. He put on a great show. Of course the band was fabulous. Honestly the clothing didn’t phase me since so many acts were wearing ridiculous clothing then.  

A band I was in at the time played “All Night Long”.  Fun song to play. 

Am a big Billy Squier Fan.   Saw that Queen /Squier Concert also.  Great show.  Never thought it was zep but I was into them at the time.  We used to play "lonely is the Night" in our sets.

6 hours ago, The Shark said:

I read somewhere that he was so well invested that he volunteers to be caretaker for something like twenty acres in Central Park.  He used to live in the same building as Don Imus.  Imus said he was the nicest guy ever.  Then Imus quipped, "but rich guys usually are!" 

A good part of Billy's financial success has come from hip hop royalties.  The drum intro to "The Big Beat" is one of the most sampled hooks in history. 

FFS - this Rock's version of being Rick-Rolled". 

You could have put machine guns, Burbon, motorcycles, BBQ and hot ladies in that video and all of that couldn't save it from his prancing and rolling around like Richard Simmons. 

This video might have been the Nexus of the term, "cringeworthy".

My eyes.

6 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

FFS - this Rock's version of being Rick-Rolled". 

You could have put machine guns, Burbon, motorcycles, BBQ and hot ladies in that video and all of that couldn't save it from his prancing and rolling around like Richard Simmons. 

This video might have been the Nexus of the term, "cringeworthy".

My eyes.

Nailed it.

Archived