Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Haynie

Glenn Tipton No Longer Touring

17 hours ago, cmatthes said:

My wife said he shuffled around like a sad grandpa in his red pants and white lace up sneakers compared to the rest of the band who were all practically doing cartwheels and 2 story mid-air scissor kicks.

I saw them almost two years ago, and had somewhat of the same impression... not quite that bad, but a far cry from the past. I also saw a couple of moments where I thought Halford was going to drop over, once when he sat down with his legs over the edge of stage right, and once sitting on the bike. Ritchie was on fire. Regardless, it was still a great show and Glenn did shine at times. Just a stark reminder in contrast, having seen them live several times (from 80-84)and then now, that we are all getting a lot older a lot faster than we want. Life is short.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, DaveH said:

I saw them almost two years ago, and had somewhat of the same impression... not quite that bad, but a far cry from the past. I also saw a couple of moments where I thought Halford was going to drop over, once when he sat down with his legs over the edge of stage right, and once sitting on the bike. Ritchie was on fire. Regardless, it was still a great show and Glenn did shine at times. Just a stark reminder in contrast, having seen them live several times (from 80-84)and then now, that we are all getting a lot older a lot faster than we want. Life is short.

Well, to be fair, Rob was dealing with back issues (again) during that tour. There were times where he could barely move on stage because of the pain. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, devrock said:

Well, to be fair, Rob was dealing with back issues (again) during that tour. There were times where he could barely move on stage because of the pain. 

Like I said, "we are all getting a lot older a lot faster than we want. Life is short."

• Like 2

On 12.2.2018 at 5:26 PM, cynic said:

With Andy Sneap filling in for Priest, Ionel may get his chance to play alongside Kev Bower in Hell. 

Zorrow, get me a bottle of that beer. I like that blood. :lol:

Oh, and he already ownes the right guitar to step in. No need to borrow!

Edited by gorch
  • Haha 1