Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The TGP Thread

LucSulla

I don't want to make a new thread every time TGP makes me facepalm, but sometimes I can't resist posting.  So in the spirit of the random thoughts thread I kicked off, here is my TGP thread...

Inspired by logging in there tonight, clicking the first thread in the amps forum, and not even making it through the first page without wanting to rip my eyes out.  Ladies and Gentlemen, everything sucks. 

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/med-high-gain-single-channel-tube-amps.1912022/

I will strive to contain my from time to time TGP posts here, but I'm happy if anyone else would like to use it as such. 

This is sooo funny. This guy just know about amps:

There's a lot wrong with a JCM800. It's why most of them end up getting modded.

That first response to the VHT Deliverance question - I thought, "This is going to be where one of those guys asks for suggestions but then shits on every suggestion."

I also have to believe that any guitarist doing work for hire that has an attitude that shitty must be both really good but also probably does play for anything above the minor leagues - i.e. so good that only people that are desperate would put up with that. 

How about a Bangs, no? Come on, there must be a little butik builder by that name - should be... Mama, I want a Bangs supa-dupa-overdrive - but make it a small box, please (even if it weights like one of those small box Bogiees...)

56 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

And, here it is.

I like Wangs. Has anyone here diddled with Wangs? There's a Wang of every size for any budget it seems. 
https://wangs-amps-usa.myshopify.com/collections/all

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25832441/

I don't "Like" much over at the TGP

But I rushed right over there to "Like" your post.

Now I can't wait to go read all the trash that gets posted about you and your Wang.

That's the type of guy who really needs to just GET A CUSTOM BUILT AMP, or settle for one that isn't hand wired.

Maybe if these guys made a head version. It's a single channel amp that does Tweed to blackface to plexi... I don't know how they did it, but it works.

Just jumped over to that thread to give the HFCers a few likes. Always been a fan of what Bill Hicks used to call “big purple veined dick jokes.”

To me, the sad thing about TGP is that so many threads get polluted by people who just want to get in a pissing match.

But there are some cool people, too. 

(Hope that dude finds an amp he likes. But judging from the list of rejects, it could take a while!)

I could be way off, but my guess is the OP doesn't care so much about other members advice as he does bragging about the fact he's having a hard time deciding how to spend his $3K and raising his TGP Cred. 

corksniffer 3.jpg

27 minutes ago, Cary said:

I could be way off, but my guess is the OP doesn't care so much about other members advice as he does bragging about the fact he's having a hard time deciding how to spend his $3K and raising his TGP Cred. 

corksniffer 3.jpg

Nailed it!

4 hours ago, LucSulla said:

And that was how the great HFC/TGP war of 2018 began.  Bad dick-jokes. :D 

HFC members totally derailed that TGP thread. That's cheap entertainment, gents.

Okay, who wrote this? Funny as fuck.

I dunno. I haven't had first hand experience but have heard an older Wang can be unreliable. Get all setup to perform and anxiety of it not working keeps you from getting up on stage.

7 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Okay, who wrote this? Funny as fuck.

I dunno. I haven't had first hand experience but have heard an older Wang can be unreliable. Get all setup to perform and anxiety of it not working keeps you from getting up on stage.

Do Wangs come in a small box format?

Archived