Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Remember that SG that was stolen from me??

kurtsstuff

I found it!! Been dr'd with some les paul plastic but..The serial number says it's mine. I've contacted the seller (It's been sold unfortunately)

To get in contact with his buyer or..police will be involved that I put to him in a very nice way..lol!

https://reverb.com/item/10043153-2011-gibson-custom-les-paul-sg-tv-yellow

Just now, RobB said:

Great news, Kurt! How’d it wind up all the way out in Arkansas? Eep!

I have no idea?? lol!!  I haven't heard back from the seller yet..I'll be surprised if I do

17 minutes ago, RobB said:

Oh, you will once Johnny Law makes contact with the seller!

He did message me back and I'm pretty certain he had no idea it was stolen. He says he got it off ebay which I have no reason to doubt I mean..He did post the serial number thank you very much!! lol!....Unless theives are really that dumb?? lol!!

1 minute ago, kurtsstuff said:

He did message me back and I'm pretty certain he had no idea it was stolen. He says he got it off ebay which I have no reason to doubt I mean..He did post the serial number thank you very much!! lol!....Unless theives are really that dumb?? lol!!

eBay was my guess about how it got all the way to Arkansas.  It might be safer (in terms of likelihood of being caught) to ship it out of state than to take it to a nearby pawnshop or use the local craigslist.  Even though... would interstate shipping make it a federal rap?

Whatever, what a rarity it is to spot your own stolen guitar!  Good luck with the recovery.

1 minute ago, RobB said:

Wasn’t implying he was the culprit. I imagine even the stupidest thief wouldn’t post hot gear on Reverb for sale. 

Oh!!  I didn't take it that way at all!! Just sharing my thought on it..lol!

1 minute ago, mrjamiam said:

eBay was my guess about how it got all the way to Arkansas.  It might be safer (in terms of likelihood of being caught) to ship it out of state than to take it to a nearby pawnshop or use the local craigslist.  Even though... would interstate shipping make it a federal rap?

Whatever, what a rarity it is to spot your own stolen guitar!  Good luck with the recovery.

Thank you..Hopefully it will not be too painful an ordeal..

That’s a cool guitar there! Thieves must be hung by their balls —BTW, I guess here in Canada we’ll get there soon, given how open to adopting foreign stuff our dear Prime Minister is. :lol: Oups! I got political(ly incorrect) :o:D 

7 minutes ago, DaveH said:

Hey... Easy on the SG hate there, fella! :lol:

+1

:P 

B631B954-86DF-4B05-B089-698C55EFBC63.jpeg

Well..Getting copy's of the police report and the Deputy involved with the case has contacted Reverb. Reverb is going to make this as painful as possible

Even the seller said and I quote.."Let Reverb and the authorities sort this out and do not contact me anymore" Wow!!! Most people if not all people (fellow guitar players) would do everything they could to help in getting the guitar back to me. Not Reverb or the seller (James O'Kelley). I'm not saying he's a bad guy and I kinda understand his want to distance himself from it all (No I don't..lol!) Reverb is gonna make me jump through every hoop they can find. I just wished I could contact the buyer of the guitar and get his feeling on the whole thing?? UUUUGGGHHH!!!

So close... that’s a real drag.

Id say some contact from your lawyer might grease the wheels, especially if they’re in contact with the deputy as well. Finding out what laws were broken in the sellers home jurisdiction and having your lawyer contact the local authorities to notify them of such offenses, that might yield some interesting results. Especially since you tracked it down and notified the seller- he did actually invite the authorities to sort it out. I hope his bluff gets called and raised.

Here’s hoping it works out great for you man :)

Archived