Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Alright Gibson!!

hamerhead

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, murkat said:

You know, at this point the best thing that could happen to them/for them is to go under and have someone buy the name and start building their designs the way they used to and should have never stopped.

7 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

Henry is a genius.

This will surely save the company, to have their signature model painted like a 1974 AMC Gremlin

Those things are an insult to the '74 Gremlin.

ETA: Those color combos and stripes look less like custom "boogie" vans and more like cabover semi tractors of the '70s. 

0497ea665bf890a203c1a2773cc9fce9.jpg

If I was gonna spend approx. that amount of $ on a Les Paul Custom, I'd opt for a Peter Frampton CS sig model, which used to be around that price point but I'd imagine it's gone up if still available. Main attraction to that model would be/would have been three pickups that could be operated in any configuration.

To echo what some others have said, I don’t mind the finishes, but I certainly dislike the price. Even when they eventually make it to the clearance rack....might be a hard sell. 

Who knows. I wonder how those $5k LP Specials in Fender colours sold...

Just now, cynic said:

"Inspired by ’70s Custom Vans, the model features unique three-tone paint schemes, in five radical flavours: A Squad, Street Race, Bell Bottom, Super Hero and Stardust."

A Squad?

80859_1.jpg

I loved that. I immediately thought “someone should sue them for that!” 

1 hour ago, hamerhead said:

You GOTTA be f-ing kidding! That goes beyond FUGLY. Someone get out the shovels, it'll be time to bury Gibson very shortly.

Plan? I suspect Henry is marshaling his personal cash to secretly buy back the debt when the creditors see stuff like this and throw in the towel.

Archived