Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Alright Gibson!!

hamerhead

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cynic said:

I'll hand it to Henry...he's figured out a way to get people stop whining about Richlite fretboards.

Now that IS funny!         

27 minutes ago, django49 said:

Plan? I suspect Henry is marshaling his personal cash to secretly buy back the debt when the creditors see stuff like this and throw in the towel.

I like your thinking Don, but we both know that the average Wall Street nerd doesn't know shit from shinola when it comes to guitar design. Then again, that would confirm Henry is an average Wall Street nerd.

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

I like 'em.

1.  You never know what the younger generation (or Kizanski)  is going to like.  There's a 1% chance these are rare collector items 20 years from now.

2.  My gut is telling me you should wait 2 to 5 years if you want to buy one.  I have to believe these will be selling used on eBay for $1300.

3.  Some guy in the next county has a fairly new mint Traditional for sale for $1300.  I already own a Traditional but if I didn't I still by the Traditional over the above "Van Custom" even if it was selling for the same $1300.

4.  I about fell out of my chair "As per other Custom models, it ain’t cheap, with a $4,999 price tag" and Hamer is out of Business.  Crazy!

14 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Does Gibson force dealers to take the limited editions? 

That might require a LOT of lubricant!

4 hours ago, Dana_V said:

No bubble window? I'm out.

Van1.jpg

GMC Van.jpg

3 Amigos.jpg

1 hour ago, dhuber said:

1.  You never know what the younger generation (or Kizanski)  is going to like.  There's a 1% chance these are rare collector items 20 years from now.

2.  My gut is telling me you should wait 2 to 5 years if you want to buy one.  I have to believe these will be selling used on eBay for $1300.

3.  Some guy in the next county has a fairly new mint Traditional for sale for $1300.  I already own a Traditional but if I didn't I still by the Traditional over the above "Van Custom" even if it was selling for the same $1300.

4.  I about fell out of my chair "As per other Custom models, it ain’t cheap, with a $4,999 price tag" and Hamer is out of Business.  Crazy!

I agree with all of that. Especially the 1st point.

Only thing I learned here is that they Gibson closed down a fairly popular software company, Cakewalk.

Cuz software development is so 2000s. And the market is screaming for B-brand Philips tv's....

http://www.cakewalk.com/Gibson-Announcement

I hope they go bankrupt and get sold off piece by piece.....(*grumble........*grumble....*Last Jedi sucked....*grumble....).

10 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

I expect to see more earth tones and pastels soon, in that case.

How about an Avocado refrigerator color?

10 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

This company is DONE by the end of the year, in it's current management model.

I'm no financial wizard, but that's a lot of debt coming due at once.  You can only sell off so much stuff to make payments.  What companies do they currently own and what ones would be worth anything to sell off?  

Archived