Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Alright Gibson!!

hamerhead

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, scottcald said:

I'd like to see that thing use a hay bale to jump over Roscoe's car.

In the inimitable voice of The Balladeer: "Looks like them ol' boys have got two choices:  jump or roll."    <followed by a hammer-on trill over a freeze-frame shot right before cutting away to a commercial>

6 hours ago, Toadroller said:

Velma's kinda puttin Daphne to shame there.

Well, someone’s picky 😏.

Found this photo from 1974 of the then-drummer in the then-band in which I was playing. He's horsing around with my Mosrite Ventures II.

You have my solemn word that any association with, or inspiration by, the Partridge Family bus was strictly subliminal.

Ricky I w. Mosrite.jpg

^^^^

When I dug this out, I noted the barbells and fringed oval shag rug as reminders of my mid-twenties.

There's also the store fixture record rack in the background (I even had alphabetical tabs  in it). The album to the left of the headstock is Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells and I'm 93.7% sure the album the headstock is blocking part of is Santana's Abraxas.   Can't tell what the others were.

52 minutes ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

Found this photo from 1974 of the then-drummer in the then-band in which I was playing. He's horsing around with my Mosrite Ventures II.

You have my solemn word that any association with, or inspiration by, the Partridge Family bus was strictly subliminal.

Ricky I w. Mosrite.jpg

Looks like all drummers looked the same back then! This is me with my drummer, looooooong time ago —the guitar I’m holding isn’t mine; it was around in the rehearsal room and I just picked it up, so no idea about what it is... but it’s unappealing enough to be a modern Gibson, I guess: :D

FADFCF70-4578-499D-93A7-21D3D50CDC2F.jpeg

Archived