Hamer Fan Club Message Center

fractal

AWESOME!!!

Those pickups really bring out a super cool retro thang...

My favourite semi hollow to date.  The Maverick shape looks soooo right for the concept.

The top being carved too looks fantastic and those pickups just set it all off.

That’s a guitar I’d love to play.  Congratulations!

I knew the specs of this build and all but damn.. that is one HOT piece of Shishkov action.

Soli'd, those pickups are some of my handiwork. Fractal and I had a great phone conversation that covered a lot of topics including pickups he loved and was used to, effects, amps, music played ...and Mike gave me the aesthetic direction, envisioning a late 40's/early 50's vintage microphone vibe for the look of things. I immediately thought "RCA! the Shure 'Elvis' mic!" and pretty much went to town with it: gold plated steel mesh with a backing of 1/32" tight-weave black felt, and some most excellent nickel-silver, nickel plated radiator style covers.

These were a blast to make and again, what an amazing guitar! One of those and a jazz burst Shishkov double-cut too for me please.

ShishGar 700p1.jpg

ShishGar 700p2.jpg

Incredible! Forget about more pics. It needs a recording!

Coincidence? Just the other day I had the thought of a microphone in a pickup cover over a (half) acoustic spruce topped guitar kind of thing. Now this one looks exactly like that. You think guitars are done? Damn no!

Archived