Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#72 in the house!

BadgerDave

8 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Then it's a perfect fit.

Damn 'Sconnie comedians! :lol:

On 19.2.2018 at 1:32 AM, BadgerDave said:

Well,  since you’ve all been waiting . . .  

I made a couple of changes. 

ECB635C0-2BE9-45EA-A029-00A1F5BCFF30.jpeg

Options for change are plenty. However, I’d given the guitar a chance to settle for a while longer before changing anything that had been designed in the building process over month. In the end it’s your turn and I bet you are happy now. The knobs are fitting nicely though.

Thanks for the comments.  The knobs are a bit of a joke, I replaced them with the originals after taking this photo.

The pickup replacement is probably permanent.  I provided Mike with the pickups so I feel OK in changing them since they are not part of his design concept.  The neck unit is a Lollar staple, which is similar to a P-90, but slightly better in every way!

I think a P-90 neck pickup and a minibucker in the bridge may be the perfect combination, especially in a semi-hollow or hollow body guitar.  Full size humbuckers in these guitars can get muddy, especially in the neck position and don't do clean as well as a single coil.  

The Faber bridge is a simple and elegant design.  I like it a lot, but I actually prefer the original version with the front cut away in a staggered pattern over the newer dual bar version.

10 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

The pickup replacement is probably permanent.  I provided Mike with the pickups so I feel OK in changing them since they are not part of his design concept.  The neck unit is a Lollar staple, which is similar to a P-90, but slightly better in every way!

Better than a P90? Bold Statement, but you have my attention. 

"Thanks for the comments.  The knobs are a bit of a joke, I replaced them with the originals after taking this photo.”

Joke? Those knobs remind me of the knobs on my Blonde Bassman and they look great....easy to grip with a pinky....easy to see....I have fuzz pedal with the blonde knobs and it makes me happy....

13 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Better than a P90? Bold Statement, but you have my attention. 

Jeez, Shawn, you had the chance to play it and see for yourself.  <_<

:P

7 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

You know, I have no idea why I didn't plug it in. I had every intention to do so, but failed. 

You may have been otherwise distracted. 

20180224_193032.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived