Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Music you really like to listen to on occasion but about 20 minutes is enough?

First one that comes to my mind is Jimmy Buffett. It's kind of nice on the first warm days of the year to light up the grill, sit around the pool, have a few drinks and listen to Jimmy Buffett. But then about 20 minutes later I've had enough and have to shut him up for another year or more. Oh, and people who listen to him on their boats when fishing, fuck you. You know who you are. lol

28 minutes ago, jim777 said:

AFOS :) I can turn up "I Ran", but if another tune by them comes on I'm usually done lol. Go-Go's as well, same thing.

Interesting they are still known. I have most if their records. Had been a fan at the times. Haven’t heard it for years, maybe of its simplicity.

For the topic, I like to listen to some special stuff here and there once and put it back to shelf for an indefinite time.

16 hours ago, LefThanDed said:

Mid-eighties Marillion and Saga.

I really hesitate to put them on today. B)

Meshuggah. Love them. But I have to take each record in steps, takes time to digest. Live is another thing. Love them live!

2 hours ago, DBraz said:

Dream Theater 

Dream Theater was discussed late last year, and it is totally understandable.  Someone mentioned feeling worn out after seeing a live show, and that described my feeling as well.  They are so intense on song structure that one really has to be in the mood for that much virtuosity.  If Dream Theater tours through again, they will get my money again, though.  The thing is, there are other bands who can be just as impressive without having the same effect on me.  The Dregs or The Steve Morse Band have always been a pleasure to watch in concert. 

3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Dream Theater was discussed late last year, and it is totally understandable.  Someone mentioned feeling worn out after seeing a live show, and that described my feeling as well.  They are so intense on song structure that one really has to be in the mood for that much virtuosity.  If Dream Theater tours through again, they will get my money again, though.  The thing is, there are other bands who can be just as impressive without having the same effect on me.  The Dregs or The Steve Morse Band have always been a pleasure to watch in concert. 

And then there is the singer's voice. 

Archived