Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Self imposed guitar break

JimiH

I’m going on a self imposed break from my guitar 😩. Last few weeks I have developed some nerve stuff with my fretting hands index finger. I  can tap on my knuckle and feel a shooting nerve feeling up my finger. Going to give it a week and in that time learn some theory 😩

Geoff

Some practical advice for learning to juggle - don’t use tennis balls. This guy barely gets through three apiece.

Don’t stand up. Sit on the floor(so when it falls it’s within reach). That way you don’t have to bend over and pick up, start over, etc. It makes every motion quickly repeatable, and you’ll learn faster. 

Couple of days sitting on the floor in front of movies or whatever on the tv, and you’ll surprise yourself.

And use beanbags, or ideally Kooshes, at least something that doesn’t bounce or roll away. Do they still make hackey sacks? Haha :)

5 hours ago, geoff_hartwell said:

Some practical advice for learning to juggle - don’t use tennis balls. This guy barely gets through three apiece.

Don’t stand up. Sit on the floor(so when it falls it’s within reach). That way you don’t have to bend over and pick up, start over, etc. It makes every motion quickly repeatable, and you’ll learn faster. 

Couple of days sitting on the floor in front of movies or whatever on the tv, and you’ll surprise yourself.

And use beanbags, or ideally Kooshes, at least something that doesn’t bounce or roll away. Do they still make hackey sacks? Haha :)

I started out using chainsaws and never looked back. 

Archived