Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Chap 12 strings 1987 for 750? Its real?

Great price for a cool guitar!

This one went through my stable. I grabbed it from django49. Worship team responsibilities forced me to move something. Last one in - first one out. Sold it to current seller last year. Other than finish issues, it's a great piece. 

Hmm...

-Bobby

Good question. That is how you learn!

What is meant are the large characters of Hamer on the headstock, larger than regular in the headstock logo. This happened on some USA Hamer guitars from the late eighties, I think, as in this example.

My guess is that is is called "Stadium logo" because it is somewhat more easy to see/readsee when looking at it from a large distance as in a stadium as opposed to in a small club.

Now someone who really knows about Hamer guitars has to say whether the logo on this particular guitar is or is not a "stadium logo".

Gabe :)

It is indeed a "Stadium" or "MTV" logo.  Those were a feature from @1985/86 through some point in 1992.

zhtdf1fgfdueox2xdveb.jpg

30 minutes ago, Lockbody said:

With Hamer prices up there these days, I kinda wonder why it's been for sale so long at that price.

It's kind of a specialized piece.  And who, outside of Hamer nuts care about a Chapparral?

8 minutes ago, veatch said:

I'm slipping in my old age.  There was a time i'd buy that for the hell of it.  I just have 0 use for a 12ver, so i have to pass.

What is *wrong* with me?  :)

Nothing.

I've never owned an electric 12 string, and even though I'm not big on the bridge humbucker in that one, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had the extra cash lying around. 

If that is not the very one I used to own, it is damn close......I used to (semi-jokingly) refer to it as my "Shredder 12ver".

I thought it was a lot of fun, but one of those things I had to cut loose when I started to purge. One thing I know for a fact is that asking price is a bunch less than I paid when I acquired it.  I would assume a person could pop for it, enjoy it for a while and get out of it for little net cost down the road.

Archived