Hamer Fan Club Message Center

cornjulio

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's stunningly beautiful!

The headstock works REALLY well on that body too.  Excellent choices/design/execution all around...

43 minutes ago, DBraz said:

This first Shishkov V (is it called a V?).

Maybe it's called a Shishko-V.
Viceroy?
Vlad (the Impaler)?
The Vivisector!

Absolutely fantastic! Wonderful inlays indeed!

It's a stunning instrument. I kind of forgot what's it's like to play a brand new guitar but I guess I never played one of this quality before anyway.

I got myself a brand new Les Paul Standard in '92 which I still have and it's a fine guitar and I tried quite a few different used/ vintage guitars, mostly Gibson, Fender, Hamer but this one is in a league of its own. Quite tempted to let most of the others go 🙄

The bridge PU of the V is splittable which I find very fascinating (this was inspired by playing a 1975 Fender Tele Custom). I absolutely love the maple top which I got to choose when I went to visit the Shishkov family last year. It has a really beefy neck which feels fab. Fantastic paint job on the V in terms of the burst which reminds me very much of @cmatthes Ultimate (which we did use as a reference 😀).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 1:15 PM, cornjulio said:

The V has landed!!! First picture here. I'm overwhelmed by it! It's a stunning guitar, plays incredibly well...I can't wait to take it to a rehearsal or recording session...

Trish send me some pictures just now and I'll post a few more later....

It's blueburst btw and NOT oceanburst as I had said in another post before...

shishkov V 80.jpg

Holy ****!!!!

• 4 months later...

Archived