Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gibby Disease is spreading:

SSII x 2

35 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

It has all been done by different builders over the years.  RS Guitarworks has already done something like that.  Does anyone remember the Telecaster and Flying V mash up? 

Or their TeeByrd Tele/Firebird mashup. I'm the lucky owner of one and it is a favorite. The Firebird mini/tele pickup combination works so well.

y4mhWZsOCXlTTryQZzQq9NFdSMjNqg3ZqV5WmCGp

OK, the bass is attractive (YMMV) and is described as having a "'63 C" profile/"an American Vintage “ ’63 P Bass”-shaped profile, along with a modern 9.5”-radius fingerboard."

'63 P-Basses would have had a neck profile that was slimmer than the mid-'50s transitional P-Basses (but still thicker than Jazz Bass necks), right? I've always like the mid-'50s look but the necks were too chunky.

I built a P-Bass recently with a J-Bass neck profile.  Getting the best of both worlds there!

My 70s Sparkle 2TEK P-Bass.jpg

GOLD2TEKPB 110417 front.jpg

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

I’d be all over that Troublemaker Tele. The other Strat/Tele variations have been done for almost forty years by Leo Fender’s last company, and reunion with his first partner and guitar designer George Fullerton at

G & L.

I think that's a classic take on the TLE.  :P

1 hour ago, currypowder said:

Badass!! Is that a Stike painted body?

Strangely enough for me, no...but he DID finish the neck!

Some are cool, some are not my cup of dirt....

I love the Troublemaker (Ice Metallic, woo! That is cool), the Thinline Super Deluxe (Orange AND with TV Jones!?!?) and the Jazz Telecaster (Surf Green, please)

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Chris the background scenery is almost as gorgeous as the bass itself! Tell me that’s not your backyard!

That looks like Shishkov-ville, actually.   

7 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

It has all been done by different builders over the years.  RS Guitarworks has already done something like that.  Does anyone remember the Telecaster and Flying V mash up? 

I do. Liked it quite a bit. Buying a good Tele neck (chunky and small radius) and building the rest of it (with the help of friend of mine who has all the right tools) is still in my backlog. ;) Maybe this year. :) 

I do like this one...

Troublemaker-Tele.jpg

But, for $2k, they could have blacked out the headstock and done an inlaid pearl logo. And made an arched top. The pickguard is annoying too.

Hopefully it will be trashed by the TGP types and Adorama will be dumping them for $1200 by October. I'd be all over that, even with the wrong scale length.

9 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Chris the background scenery is almost as gorgeous as the bass itself! Tell me that’s not your backyard!

6 hours ago, kizanski said:

That looks like Shishkov-ville, actually.   

Actually, it's neither!  That's right off of the scenic GW Parkway about 5 miles from my house.  That's the view overlooking the Potomac river about a mile or two north of Georgetown/DC from the VA side.  I was driving back from picking the bass up in Arlington from The Maestro, Greg K. at Metro Guitar, and it was a perfect fall day, so I had to grab a pic.

19 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Kinda like the JagStrat, in a clusterf**k sorta way. But not $2K worth of like.

JagStrat.png

It’s kind of Burns-like.

Archived