Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Faked Californian on eBay - AVOID (or report)

Yeah, nice piece of flamed-sycamore on the top! :P Are you sure this isn't an early 2000's 'Korean made' Cali Deluxe? Sure looks like one with better hardware added on? While it's definitely NOT a US Cali (no USA on the head-stock), it is lkely an import (pretty good = I had one). Could well be a complete fake but looks like an import to me (with upgrades worth about $400). Seller should not be selling it as an original...

MIKC01.jpg

Above is my 2002 Korean-made Cali Deluxe...

Apparently he's deleted the "USA Made" line?

22 minutes ago, Fast Eddie said:

To the more learned friends on this forum (Dbraz et al), it looks pretty legit to me, how is it a fake?

I've only had two Hamers so I want to know what to void should I wish to expand on my collection.

Cheers.

I already said it's an early-2000's import. Made in Korea between 2000-2002. It's an import Cali Deluxe...

44 minutes ago, Fast Eddie said:

To the more learned friends on this forum (Dbraz et al), it looks pretty legit to me, how is it a fake?

I've only had two Hamers so I want to know what to void should I wish to expand on my collection.

Cheers.

Only deal with the people on this board for starters. 

6 hours ago, Fast Eddie said:

Cheers.

What I notice straight away is the shape of the headstock and no 'USA' after the Hamer logo. I believe the body shape and boomers are wonky also, but aren't as easy to spot if you're not super familiar with Calis.

Can anybody post a side-by-side picture of an import and a USA model? I've had both but never next to each other (they fight like cats and dogs).

ETA pictures:

fakecali.jpgDSCN5800_zpsqxrlvasw.jpg

fakecali2.jpgDSCN5798_zpsvkpgiwpe.jpg

Probably customized korean. The back of the headstock will give all the answers ( unless they re-shaped it, but scarf joint should be there, never seen 3 pc bound korean neck). No nibs on the binding, maple top on alder body - that's customized, korean always had alder (on the early ones mahogany). Probably not even a top, just a 1mm or so veneer. I'd say someone tried to do a decent job converting it to USA look-a-like. The pic of the back of the headstock will be a dead giveaway, that's why he didn't post it.

dotted korean - boomered korean - usa

Dotted korean hs is shaped more like usa, but the bottom part of the face and all of the back lines need more shaving

Hamer Cali HS front.jpg

Hamer Cali HS back.jpg

Also back cavity shapes are korean from the bound one ( and the covers are plastic from what I see), USA has smaller radius corners, same as early mahogany body koreans. 

Also body scallops ( upper and lower) ( near neck) are not deep enough for USA.

Also, the trem route in the top is typically black or not properly finished on the imports (not a solid flametop/figured body).

The answer of the seller(I asked him about the serial number )

Hi.As far as I know it's a USA. I just had it refinished and new frets

I am waiting he agree  the pic where the serial number must be. I think this pic never will appear  ( sorry for my english my friends):unsure:

2 minutes ago, pablo said:

The answer of the seller(I asked him about the serial number )

Hi.As far as I know it's a USA. I just had it refinished and new frets

I am waiting he agree  the pic where the serial number must be. I think this pic never will appear  ( sorry for my english my friends):unsure:

Weaselly response - "As far as I know".

Your English is fine.  Y ademas, es mejor que el castellano de la majoria de nosotros.

New message: Fu

eBay7?euid=3acfe0064a954ad4a28eeb7f9f3d3813&

New message from: tursongs (1,463Red Star)

Fu

Your previous message

I’m also not the only one who knows the difference from a “real USA” cali... there are allot of people looking at your auction... do you really want to get into a legal battle ?! Think about what your doing dude ?!

tursongs:

I'm not passing it off as anything. I don't have a clue or give a shit. I'll just remove it and keep it. I just spent $1200 having it refinished and gold hardware and new tremolo. FU

Your previous message

Very shady.... there are postings on the Hamer fan club about this Asian made Cali .... trying to pass it off carefully like a USA made Cali is not a honorable deal dude .... your fooling no one ....

RARE HAMER CALIFORNIAN GUITAR

RARE HAMER CALIFORNIAN GUITAR  
Current Bid: $1,299.00
Auction ends Feb 24, 2018 19:06 PST
Bids: 0

Place bid

Get to know the seller tursongs

Located: Peoria, AZ, United States
Positive Feedback: 100%

We scan messages to enforce policies. Only purchases on eBay are covered by the eBay purchase protection programs. Asking your trading partner to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not allowed.

Email reference id: [#a02-68amx2posk#]_[#3acfe0064a954ad4a28eeb7f9f3d3813#]

We don't check this mailbox, so please don't reply to this message. If you have a question, go to Help & Contact.

eBay sent this message to kyle moore (intune941969). Learn more about account protection. eBay is committed to your privacy. Learn more about our privacy notice and user agreement.

©2018 eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

Archived