Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Along the Gibson line. Maybe.

22 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Well, we are talking about Detroit. Remember the "K" car?

Exactly. If it hadn't been for Detroit-borne gems like this one, we'd be overrun with cars from Japanese and German manufacturers. :P

chrysler_cordoba_ad.jpg

ETA:  Now there's an idea. Heritage 2.0 could sell their guitars with hard cases covered in soft, Corinthian leather.  That's the ticket.

31 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

ETA:  Now there's an idea. Heritage 2.0 could sell their guitars with hard cases covered in soft, Corinthian leather.  That's the ticket.

It needs to be vintage Corinthian leather, or perhaps Corinthian leather from the same genetic bovine ancestry. 

30 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Exactly. If it hadn't been for Detroit-borne gems like this one, we'd be overrun with cars from Japanese and German manufacturers. :P

chrysler_cordoba_ad.jpg

And for years thereafter, Ricardo Montalban's dreams were tormented by visions of Tattoo in rich Corinthian leather. Some things are better left unseen.

17 hours ago, LucSulla said:

That's a brutal assessment that I have to agree with.  My only question is why Wolfe put up with them for so long if he felt this way?  Were they selling that well? 

Above all, remember this...HE SELLS THEM.  He'll say anything to sell them - that's what most dealers do.

47 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

It needs to be vintage Corinthian leather, or perhaps Corinthian leather from the same genetic bovine ancestry. 

You do realize Corinthian leather has nothing to do with genetics or bovine? Ancestry, maybe. 

20 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Damn, that fucking blows. Why not give them to schools? If they are concerned they are seconds they could chop the top of the headstock to eliminate their name and serial # and improve the look all at the same time. Then donate them. 

I posted a response to this on the Gear Page thread on this...of course, it went largely ignored with all the hand-wringing and tooth gnashing, but it's the way it goes in the corporate world.   When you have bean counters monitoring things (that would include banks, creditors, shareholders and bankruptcy attorneys), the lowest-cost, most expedient manner of shedding assets/liabilities is required.

Of course, the snarky side of me would want to point out that if these are HERITAGE seconds, they'd have to be, like, missing necks or headstocks already...

5 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Of course, the snarky side of me would want to point out that if these are HERITAGE seconds, they'd have to be, like, missing necks or headstocks already...

Very good point. 

17 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

They should just go ahead and hire Brent. He'd buff that shit right out. 

1 minute ago, Biz Prof said:

They should just go ahead and hire Brent. He'd buff that shit right out. 

...and then sell it for 3 times the going rate and claim it was "factory perfect"!

42 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

You do realize Corinthian leather has nothing to do with genetics or bovine? Ancestry, maybe. 

Some people have to have parts sourced from an original supplier, so the joke was that they would worry themselves about getting leather from the same lineage of cows. 

I remember Ricardo Montalban talking that upholstery.  Here he explains Corinthian leather and the Cordoba. 

4 hours ago, cmatthes said:

...and then sell it for 3 times the going rate and claim it was "factory perfect"!

(After a day of dumpster diving)  "These appear to be some kind of factory special edition guitars, maybe a Guitar Center special edition that were glued together to give them a cool "relic" vibe...  Definitely a bit of a mystery, but definitely THE BEST guitars I've ever played, by far.  Really HATE to part with them, but I will let them go for $1500 each".

Graham did the Plek on my Heritage H157. He made it better, but not perfect, especially for the $150 I was charged. I cringed when he was installing new strings--as he used an electric string winder, I watched the string ends scratch the headstock. :o  I ended up sending the guitar to Jeff Richard (a member here) for a level/crown. I recently sold it, so I am now Heritage-less.

A few years before, Graham sold me an H150 with a broken part--knowing full well it was broken, but he never told me. There are several horror stories I've heard about that dealership.

1 hour ago, Thundersteel said:

A few years before, Graham sold me an H150 with a broken part--knowing full well it was broken, but he never told me. There are several horror stories I've heard about that dealership.

I've heard PLENTY of bad stories from out of there.  Never bought (nor would I) anything from them after they had erroneously (I'm giving them broad benefit of the doubt here too) represented a guitar that I was personally familiar with, and when I pointed out something about it, was met with much denial and condesension.

Apparently, they're some sort of sacred cows in certain circles, but I won't be fooled by their BS.

7 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I've heard PLENTY of bad stories from out of there.  Never bought (nor would I) anything from them after they had erroneously (I'm giving them broad benefit of the doubt here too) represented a guitar that I was personally familiar with, and when I pointed out something about it, was met with much denial and condesension.

Apparently, they're some sort of sacred cows in certain circles, but I won't be fooled by their BS.

From what I've seen of Jay on FB, he won't be a friend of mine in real life. I wouldn't drive to visit him. I won't drive to wolf again. Like many members of the HOC, someone hid a baby up their asses. I posted this video of Ted Nugent and Chris Duarte in concert. It's a great video from the '80s. Somewhere near the beginning, Ted askes Chris if he's all tuned up like a white boy. It was a common expression back then that I had forgotten about. I believe it may have been coined on Miami Vice when Sonny Crockett asked Tubbs something along those lines. They hit the roof over at the HOC. There was such a discussion the mod deleted the thread. One asshole told me that I should watch the complete video before posting it. To which I replied, "I fucking did. It's a great video." So there was nothing good about the video in their eyes because of one quote from the '80s. I defended the video and one guy said, "Slavery used to be legal." Shit like that. Bunch of Jr. High School kids over there. I tried to help them when the HOC got taken down by the owner of the site by making them a new site. The owner got jealous (I think the owner's name was John) and banned me twice while the site was down. He also banned a few that I consider to be real life friends because I asked them to help me mod the new site. Those folks can suck the shitty end of the stick as far as I'm concerned. --End Rant. Here's the video. Watch it, some really good guitar playing. Play along if you can get all tuned up like a white boy. Some of what Ted says is NSFW as you may expect. 

Archived