Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Local H

mathman

Any one familiar with Local H.   We are getting together for another Poop Reunion and Neal, the guitarist wanted to do this song.

Started checking out his other stuff and it sounds great.  90's grunge.  Does a lot of covers.

Anyone else into them?

In the early days of the internet, my friend introduced me to some kind of early streaming radio station website. It played music based on what you liked. My station played Local H all the time. Loved it, especially this song. I really should buy the album...

I think I've covered that song in every band I've been in since it came out! 

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

I think I've covered that song in every band I've been in since it came out! 

you paid him his royality, right?

I went back to school in 1990 after getting married and finished a four year degree and most of a masters in order to get certified to teach K-6 and middle school math science.  Then got hired in 1994 halfway across the state of Florida in a new to me area and new job as a teacher.  I was in a no new music stage for most of the late 90's  I missed a lot of stuff then.  

I was into Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP, and a few others but I really missed out on some great bands in the 90's.

I had NEVER heard this song before last week and that sucks.

Any other ideas for bands to check out?

• 5 months later...

Recently signed up for Spotify and have been exploring a lot of different music.  Man, Local H is really good.  Started with their greatest hits.  They have a lot of fantastic music. Their latest (2015) record is outstanding. These guys are great. 

Never heard of them. But I like that song. Good stuff! Will, as per Jack C's advice, check them out on Spotify. 

Archived