Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Melancholy P-90 Goodness.

2 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

The Crazy Horse era for Neil is probably my very favorite. Rust never sleeps, Live Rust, two of my favorite albums of all time. The acoustic side of the Live Rust set is excellent.  I also really dig the phony, but GIANTIC amp mockups he used on stage in the day. They were pretty cool!

That and The Reapers or whatever they were that trolled around the stage. 

Also, Don't forget Weld! Arc was kind of out there and if I were at the concert I probably would have gone out for a beer.

1 minute ago, gtrdaddy said:

Even though that was with Crazy Horse, that sucked to me. Neil seemed to just get a bit too weird for me after the early '80s.

Well, he did start his criticism of America with, "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World," And since has gone a bit crazy with that theme. So I don't listen much to him any more. It kind of pissed me off and seemed two-faced that he'd tour here for money himself if he thought it sucked here. Neil Peart did the same thing in his book he wrote after his wife and daughter died. There are ugly places in all places on earth inhabited by humans. There are also some very remarkable places that are inhabited by humans. Look for the positive.

It's been probably 20 years since that other Crazy Horse live cd came out or it may have only been 15. I remember hunting Triaspis in the Santa Rita Mountains with those cd's playing. I finally got tired of them and tossed them in a urinal somewhere. That trip was called, "Trippin' for Triaspis." Or it was one of the trips each year in May within a ten year year period, it's all a blur. I think I wrote a piece for an herpetological magazine but can't remember. I discovered the best cocktail of Ritalin, caffeine, THC, nicotine, nitrous, Co2, Oxygen from a tank, and alcohol on that trip. 

But, bygones be...... So I've missed Neil. Listening to some cool shit from long ago. The stuff that shaped me into the Flotsam of my makeup.   

I dig Weld. A lot. I love his tweed Deluxe about to blow up tone. It is unique and ragged in a cool way.

Rust Never Sleeps is simply classic.

Rockin’ In The Free World is fun to play live as people love the chorus. Like Born in the USA, the  vast majority of listeners don’t get the anti-American theme.

22 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

I dig Weld. A lot. I love his tweed Deluxe about to blow up tone. It is unique and ragged in a cool way.

Rust Never Sleeps is simply classic.

Rockin’ In The Free World is fun to play live as people love the chorus. Like Born in the USA, the  vast majority of listeners don’t get the anti-American theme.

Keep on Rockin' is a bit more tongue in cheek than the later stuff that was on the live CD's I was talking about. A couple hours of it is just a bit much. 

Here is another classic. It's just morbid. Love it. 

ETA: Watching Neil try to dance for some reason makes me think of Trump trying to dance. LOL Neil wouldn't like the comparison for sure.

Archived