Hamer Fan Club Message Center

kizanski

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, veatch said:

Is that a MojoAxe wraptail?

Good question.  I don't know what brand he used.  

I can say that it's perfect.  

The neck, the feel, the soind, the action, the color...

Perfection.  

2 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Good question.  I don't know what brand he used.  

I can say that it's perfect.  

The neck, the feel, the soind, the action, the color...

Perfection.  

Thanks! It’s the tonepros vintage style.  

The way the burst works with the cross grain to mimic a fire spreading out is extremely cool.  

I don’t think you’re on fb so here are a few pics we took yesterday that Trish is posting.  

313AC74A-5389-4B30-B5AE-EBEDD29BDCA8.jpeg

412EC44E-681A-48AB-B7CD-75CD7F0DD198.jpeg

A13EF19E-C83E-459F-916E-2F338C7F551B.jpeg

5C8FDFC3-C274-4795-AFD8-6939D86B2BD4.jpeg

216D832E-E1F8-4398-88D9-86A6555B28E0.jpeg

767F291E-BAB5-4C9A-9FBA-D23FA231B241.jpeg

2 hours ago, Northfield said:

The way the burst works with the cross grain to mimic a fire spreading out is extremely cool.  

I don’t think you’re on fb so here are a few pics we took yesterday that Trish is posting. 

@Northfield
You were holding out on me! Great photos!

Yes, the burst is perfect, just like the rest of guitar. I wouldn't change a thing.
In fact, speaking of perfection, I think it's uncanny how you have the ability to produce exactly what I want, and with a minimum of input from me.
I have offered much more input and direction to other craftsmen and been given a finished product miles away from what I was describing.
Thanks again, Mike.  I can't think of two better people to work with than you and Trish.

Simply stunning. I'd be lost on that neck though😂  Brilliant idea to go for a 25.5 scale. I wish I had thought of that. Then again I can't wait to see #80 finished which will probably be the best guitar I'll ever own.

11 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

THAT burst on THAT top is perfection. Holy sh!t.

Indeed.

I know I sound "like a broken record," like my Grandpa used to say, but it's exactly that I pictured in my brain-like organ.

This was my reference.

BakerLP91412body.jpg

Not bad...

313AC74A-5389-4B30-B5AE-EBEDD29BDCA8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, soli'd said:

congratulations- an instant classic in Shishkov Guitars lore going forward.  can't wait to hear your impressions of how it sounds/plays.

The longer scale and the wrapper make for a very slinky feel (which I prefer), and plugged in that "feel" translates to sound (to me) in a very bluesy way.
Chords tend to "jangle" even with the bridge pickup and a good amount of gain applied, which again is what I like. 
I have plenty of other guitars which can knock down walls  (not that this one couldn't if driven to it), but it has a subtlety to it, if that makes sense.

I think it goes without saying that I think that's the PERFECT burst!

11 minutes ago, veatch said:

Flat out perfect  great build, and great work. 

Assuming that is a hawg body?

Would love to do a side by side with number 0052. Also 25.5" with a wraptail.

Yes. Mahogany.  Surprisingly light as well!

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Solid. No chambers.

And suprisingly light?  Damn. He made an already awesome guitar even better.

And thanks for letting me know, I might have to rethink this chambered thing.  How does he do that?  Awesome. 

A chambered guitar doesn't sound like a light solid guitar and a Semi Hollow doesn't sound like a hollow body. They are all different flavors, so if you have never had a chambered guitar and like the sound of solid body guitars, then get a solid body. 

Or you can not listen to me and just ask Mike when you talk to him. I mean that is what I would do! ;) 

On 3/2/2018 at 6:38 AM, kizanski said:

barbarafeldon.jpg

To flash back to the beginning of this thread, someone is missing a bet. While it MIGHT make some happy to see her picture on the guitar, you really need to think outside the box (so to speak). As far as I know, she is still hanging about (in NYC). IMO, it would be totally appropriate to have an image of that guitar tattooed on her (name your preferred body part). Am I right or am I right?

Archived