Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#81, a different but cool build

ptm1diver

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Mike and Trish for the photos. 

Josh Gravelin has supplied the P90 and Humbucker pickups, and it will have a Bladerunner SuperV tremolo.  I like the green to blue aqua burst, like on one of the Ultimates, and hopefully that will look good on this wood when it’s finished being carved.  Mike’s guidance on the finish will be appreciated, like the advice he gave me on my Ultimate #47, which turned out great.  I’m not getting binding, but carved edges and ebony pickup rings.    More of the specs to come later as the build progresses.    

Please keep sending or posting the progress pictures.  

Thanks

Paul

You are getting gulfburst like on 0006?

You will love it. I stare at that guitar every time I open the case.

Tip: Get the Back done in blue. I wanted to go natural, but Mike wanted blue to make it look “complete”.  He was right and Ihave the prettiest guitar I have ever seen anywhere as a result. 

2 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

You are getting gulfburst like on 0006?

You will love it. I stare at that guitar every time I open the case.

Tip: Get the Back done in blue. I wanted to go natural, but Mike wanted blue to make it look “complete”.  He was right and Ihave the prettiest guitar I have ever seen anywhere as a result. 

Yes, I think that was the number.   That guitar is smoking hot.   I wanted Tiger’s Eye on my Ultimate and Mike suggested the finish for the back also.  That is why I’m deferring to Mike for help on the finish.  If left up to me, I’d screw it up.

That is one of the most unique/cool tops I’ve seen on a guitar!

Matching headstock would work........I do love the ebony overlay Mike uses, though.....subtle streaks of brown upon close inspection. I dig it.

• 2 weeks later...

Always love to see korina goodness. Raising my glass to fond hopes of a quick progression thru the 80s! ;)

4 hours ago, ArnieZ said:

love those inlays.... but now mine is not the only one!

ArnieZ

I know of at least one more coming up, Arnie. Sorry. They're just too good.

Archived