Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gadow Setneck with Extreme Quilt Top, PRS McCarty 245 w/Thorn Staple pickups For Sale

Camstone's quick sale reminded me that I (too) have not been playing my Legacy. (Who knew there was a cache of them here in the Northwest?) I appreciate the recent testimonials about all the great things it can do. But, realistically, I am not likely to  be using it much going forward. So, best I not get it out and change my mind.......

I think the photos are pretty clear about what it is....Great shape, all working, original HSC. (I do NOT have the rear cover).

On its merry way to you, CONUS only, for a mere SOLD PayPal gift. Or add fees.

35443594933_c9eb7af68c_b.jpg

35415059754_ea0aae02a3_b.jpg

22 minutes ago, django49 said:

Camstone's quick sale reminded me that I (too) have not been playing my Legacy. (Who knew there was a cache of them here in the Northwest?) I appreciate the recent testimonials about all the great things it can do. But, realistically, I am not likely to  be using it much going forward. So, best I not get it out and change my mind.......

I think the photos are pretty clear about what it is....Great shape, all working, original HSC. (I do NOT have the rear cover).

On its merry way to you, CONUS only, for a mere $675, PayPal gift. Or add fees.

35443594933_c9eb7af68c_b.jpg

35415059754_ea0aae02a3_b.jpg

,Good of you to let Camstone's sell first. 

Well, THAT was quick! Mark this puppy SOLD!

I suppose I should dig a couple more things outta the vault while I am on a streak. ;)

This guitar is a real beauty. It has a bookmatched quilted maple top, one of the best I have seen, even on much more expensive "boo-teak" guitars. It has Duncan pickups (JB and Jazz) with coil splits for a wide variety of sounds. The top is carved and is absolutely beautiful. When I saw it, I had to buy it, esp knowing what great instruments Ryan builds. I got it brand new from the dealer and have never gigged with it. At the time I bought it, the list price was $3000. I suspect the prices have gone up since.
Comes with OHSC.
This reminds me of a double cutaway Gibson Les Paul in terms of feel and sound. But with greater sound options.
25" scale, with a 12 inch radius

BTW, the Gadow guitars that most know are bolt-ons. This is the next step up in Ryan's line, including in price. I have owned several, all of them good, and still do have the ONE Custom Order  Semi-hollow setneck with Rosewood neck.  Hate to tell you what THAT one cost!

This gets back to my days of buying on impulse....A pretty face and all that. But the reality is that I keep coming back to a small number of guitars and I just have TOO many. Let me ask for $1300, shipped CONUS, PayPal friend.

That is it on the left.....(It is NOT a headless guitar----I have to find the other pictures!)

36114324431_9818d29b2a_b.jpg

36114324491_903a68aaab_b.jpgGadow Custom Setneck2.jpg

39883440925_2d56cb513f_k.jpgDamn Photobucket....I KNOW I have a full frontal shot somewhere!

Ah....THERE it is!

IMG_1961.JPG

I love this guitar, the short scale and THOSE pickups.. But I gotta keep unloading.

The Ted McCarty Model DC 245 was released in 2009, a great attempt to to capture the vibe and tone of the 50's classic "burst" guitars. This on has been upgraded with Thorn "Staple" pickups, which are a modern replica of the Alnico pickups in early Les Paul Custom guitars. A thin V12 finish, premium lightweight mahogany, Rosewood fingerboards -- these guitars have the large sonic footprint, bloom, sweet tone and sustain of the classics that inspired them.

• Vintage Yellow Finish
• Lightweight Mahogany Body
• Maple 10 Top
• Select Mahogany Neck
• Rosewood Fingerboard
• V12 Finish
• 24.5" Scale
• Wide Fat Neck Carve
• Vintage Tuners
• Original Hardshell Case

Let me suggest $1900, including shipping (CONUS), PayPal gift.

36203702121_fb9d68591d_k.jpg

35504401124_de4e1c6bb0_k.jpg

36295788796_b778310035_k.jpg

Didn't Ryan get out of the biz recently?

51 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Well the website is down and he hasn't answered a single question asked on facebook for at least 6 months.  I'd say that is a strong possibility.  Some of the questions seemed important.  People have posted asking if he is still around with no answer.  Very odd.  I own a few of his guitars and they are all really great.  It would be sad if in fact he has quit the biz.

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

Now that is unfortunate. I had not heard from him for quite a while. I just looked up Adirondack Music (where I got this one). Looks like they had a closeout on all Gadows, just one now remaining. (I will not swear to it, but I MAY have played that one they still have.....A longer story, that....)

1 hour ago, G Man said:

I've got a couple of Custom Hollows, great guitars.  And if I hadn't  just bought two basses in the last month, I would be bugging you for that Gadow bass.

The funny thing about Gadows is that the ones I have sold (4 guitars and that bass) all got the same response (4 to local in-person buyers)....."How come I never heard of Gadow and why are you selling it so cheap?"

The one I am keeping, at least for now.....

Gadow Custom Setneck.jpg

36114187291_b3fb9c5649_b.jpg

Just a reminder...

• Don't post "laundry-lists" of separate item topics. Try to combine items under one heading and in one thread or at least group them in logical fashion. Posting too many separate threads pushes everybody else's stuff off the main page and results in excessive "bumping".

• cmatthes changed the title to G&L Legacy Special, Gadow Setneck with Extreme Quilt Top, PRS McCarty 245 w/Thorn Staple pickups For Sale

One that I think I posted sometime back. Victim of Photobucket? I am getting some interest on Reverb, but will offer here for a lower price......SOLD incl CONUS shipping. Add PP fees if you do not know me.

A 2012, exceptional top, sterling silver inlays, maple neck, ebony board, 25" scale, Haussell 1959 pickups, OHSC. Original list price of roughly $8500 6 years ago. If you like the LP Custom personality, you should love this one.

No issues at all. Just too many guitars that cover the same territory. Check the prices for "comparables" on Reverb!

https://reverb.com/item/10146863-nik-huber-orca-custom-2012-transparent-flame-black

35855747120_8ee5d18fd1_b.jpg

Orca CB2.jpgOrca CB3.jpg

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Indeed. That's a great price!

I appreciate the support! I reckon it would run well  more than twice that if ordered today, never mind the 1-2 year wait. Had I not the sunburst Orca 59, this one would be locked down. But I am still trying to purge some of my excesses.....

All else equal, it would be good to pass on to folks I know rather than a stranger on Reverb.

Just now, django49 said:

I appreciate the support! I reckon it would run well  more than twice that if ordered today, never mind the 1-2 year wait. Had I not the sunburst Orca 59, this one would be locked down. But I am still trying to purge some of my excesses.....

All else equal, it would be good to pass on to folks I know rather than a stranger on Reverb.

I'd trade you the 4 guitars I am trying to sell for it, but you're downsizing.   

Hmmmmmm....  I turn 60 next week.  I don’t feel a day over 59 though.  The Orca would be a great birthday present from me to me.  I feel weak...

I am going to go out on a limb and predict that the new owner is going to be a VERY happy camper in a week or so. The ebony board on a maple neck just puts this one into a whole other orbit. And the pickups are excellent, with some of the more effective coil splitting that you are likely to find. And the ebony "trim parts" add a subtle touch of elegance, IMO.

Happy birthday!

Archived