Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gibson ES-335 Dot Reissue SOLD

At the risk of giving the impression I am having a "going outta bidness sale", let me post this one.

This is an earlier reissue from 1989. The stock 57 pickups have been upgraded to Duncan Antiquity pickups for an aged sound and look. The aged nickel matches well with the tuners and other hardware to make it look even older than its 28 years.
Includes the original brown case with pink lining and intact "shroud". Has a very dark (unusually so) fingerboard.

Very good condition. Minor wear. One area of missing top coat (not to bare wood) on the back of the neck, about the 11th fret.

Over the past 40 years or so, I have had at least 2 dozen different semi-hollow guitars, Those included many Gibson ES-xxx models, including 330s, 335s 345s, 347s and 355s, as well as similar guitars from Heritage and a few other builders. It is often heard that it is hard to find a "good one". FWIW, this is THE ONE I kept out of all that passed through my hands. I know that sound and feel and "vibe" are all very personal, but for me this is the best one I have had. And I have had this one for probably nearly 25 years.
So, why sell? Same old thing. Too much stuff and I am not using it as much as I used to do. Which is partially due to a pricier (non-Gibson) semi-hollow that is my current favorite. IF anyone is interested, I can talk about the differences between this and what I am keeping....

This is not an easy one to cut loose, after all these years. Ideally, I would PREFER to sell locally, if only because it just seems that there is so much personal taste in deciding which ES-XXX works for you. AND, I have made some good friends over this guitar. AND it is the very LAST Gibson in my possession.

Prices? Seems they are all over the board. I am going to ask $2200, shipped CONUS, PayPal gift.

IMG_1926.JPGIMG_1925.JPGIMG_1927.JPG

15 minutes ago, django49 said:

This is an earlier reissue from 1989. The stock 57 pickups have been upgraded to Duncan Antiquity pickups for an aged sound and look. The aged nickel matches well with the tuners and other hardware to make it look even older than its 28 years.

Has a very dark (unusually so) fingerboard. Very good condition. Minor wear. One area of missing top coat (not to bare wood) on the back of the neck, about the 11th fret. Includes the original brown case with pink lining and intact "shroud".

I am going to ask $2200, shipped CONUS, PayPal gift.

IMG_1926.JPGIMG_1925.JPGIMG_1927.JPG

Fixed it for you. Never talk yourself out of a sale. You're welcome.

GLWTS!

On 3/13/2018 at 2:43 PM, RobB said:

Fixed it for you. Never talk yourself out of a sale. You're welcome.

GLWTS!

I do appreciate the comments. I should leave my copywriting to my big city marketing exec wife. Not that she gives a damn about guitars......See her picture below for her offer to help me "relic" some guitars.....

I know I DO tend to ramble on. (Has anyone here noticed? :P) I guess I prefer to over disclose........

12-19-08--1 035.JPG

It is on the bigger side. Not quite as much so as  the largest late 50s Gibson profiles (or the Hamer Triple Threat). But defintely not one of the thinner ones.

If interested, do let me know.....I have someone locally interested in checking it out when he gets back from his weekend gig at the coast. Not that CL inquiries always work out. :mellow: The L.A. studio guy that wanted to try it out when he was in the Portland area (2 weeks ago) has yet to follow through.

Must have something to do with tax refund season. The ES-335 walked outta here this afternoon, followed a few hours later by the Jaros Memphis. I guess you could say the latter was kinda pretty.....

Some days are like that.......

IMG_1421_zpsxturni8t.jpgIMG_1423_zpsj2ueecvs.jpg

Archived