Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Finally, another Reunion Jam!

We are finally going to meet at the studio again for another jam.  Almost a full year since our last jam. 

Hope to keep some of the old songs going and have a new set list for this weekend.

Can't search to find the old thread.  Search won't find archived threads.

Anyway,  a bit of an eclectic set list.

Downed   Cheap Trick

Aint' that a Shame  Cheap Trick

Bound for the floor     Local H

Foxy Lady  Jimmy Hendrix

I hurt you   Pretenders

Synchronicity II   The Police

Don't Forget Me   RHCP

Ready to Rock n Roll again!

Reunions are a ton of fun.  I’ve done four with my old college ‘80s band since 2009. Our reunions include a day of rehearsal followed by a gig; the first two were at 25th reunion receptions at our college, the subsequent gigs we just did for fun at bars.  Synchronicity II is always the second song in our first set. 

I’m presently getting practiced up for a reunion with my band from high school.  We’re going to play a half-hour at our 40th reunion. See my “Time Machine” thread.

42 minutes ago, Rich_S said:

Synchronicity II is always the second song in our first set. 

Trying like hell to get my current band to agree to do that tune. They like it, but want me to sing it while playing Andy Summers' guitar parts. That's not so easy to do; especially the pre-choruses. In fact, I tried it. It was a humiliating kick in the crotch.

4 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Trying like hell to get my current band to agree to do that tune. They like it, but want me to sing it while playing Andy Summers' guitar parts. That's not so easy to do; especially the pre-choruses. In fact, I tried it. It was a humiliating kick in the crotch.

I worried about singing while playing the bass parts....

49 minutes ago, Rich_S said:

Reunions are a ton of fun.  I’ve done four with my old college ‘80s band since 2009. Our reunions include a day of rehearsal followed by a gig; the first two were at 25th reunion receptions at our college, the subsequent gigs we just did for fun at bars.  Synchronicity II is always the second song in our first set. 

I’m presently getting practiced up for a reunion with my band from high school.  We’re going to play a half-hour at our 40th reunion. See my “Time Machine” thread.

Been following you in that thread. Good luck.

8 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

You should TOTALLY do that!  

Just sing the Andy Summers parts...

So, we had a great time.  My friend Neal, the guitarist just turned 60 a week earlier so I brought him an old iMac so he could start recording as a birthday present.  A 2007 core 2 duo but it works.   We were not quite on this day but it was still fun.   A couple songs turned out okay.  We messed up the rental time and only had three hours instead of four, so maybe we were rushing.  We called this session Poop Reunion III,  pronounced  Poop Reunion The Turd....

Anyway,  here is Bound for the floor.  

de

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been to busy to mess with the recordings much.  Downed  Cheap Trick cover.

a little sloppy and pitchy in parts but not too bad.

Archived