Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wasn't there a Washburn fan in this group?

13 minutes ago, currypowder said:

Wonder what's going on under that control area?

The seller says there was some damage in that area that is masked by the plate.  I thought it belonged there til you pointed that out.

Right, that would be me... But beside the fact that there is an unknown something living under the control plate - the vibrato of those models and I don‘t get along too well. But thanks a lot for having me in mind! The model itself is gourgios!

44 minutes ago, Montelovesco said:

Right, that would be me... But beside the fact that there is an unknown something living under the control plate - the vibrato of those models and I don‘t get along too well. But thanks a lot for having me in mind! The model itself is gourgios!

You already know what's under that plate - a fucking Washburn.
"Gourgios" is definitely in the eye of the beholder, here.

I like it. Except for the cover. I've heard some of the high end Washburns can be good? 

It kind of brings up an interesting point about Hamer though -their consistency. Sure some like the earlier ones, some like the later ones. But they're all quality guitars. 

It's not like a lot of other companies where you have to pick through a bunch or make sure it's from a certain era. Pretty much any USA Hamer is gonna be solid in my experience. 

10 hours ago, kizanski said:

I like it too.  Except for the cover.
And the body shape. And the carpet.
And the bridge. And the inlays.
And the head stock.
And the fucking Washburn!

You get beaten with Washburns as a kid? :lol:

A thousand years ago when I was in college, I heard AC/DC's Gone Shootin' wafting out of a dorm room window walking back from a class.  I entered the dorm and followed the sound trying to find the person playing it since they would surely be a new friend.  I could barely play anything at that point, so imagine my utter shock when I found the right room and there was a guy sitting there playing along with it on that model Washburn.  To this day, I can't see one of those without thinking of that moment.  Don't like that guitar much, but I love that memory.

Archived