Hamer Fan Club Message Center

More Gibson Idiocy (MGI): The Year of the Dog Les Paul

I am waiting for the one with  the Henry J's image inlay. I mean if you are going to go for a DOG.......

I reckon the p'ups are all bark and no bite........

1 minute ago, Ed Rechts said:

I  love it when you go all Britspeak on us Rick

Too much time in Scotland.

<old man voice> In my travels I've seem many a strange thing. But none as strange as the Gibson Les Dog </old man voice>

19 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

One can only picture Henry J. brainstorming with the marketing team:

He is the marketing team. Seriously.

All those robot tuners? Him.

That F&^#%kng Xbird thing? totally Him.

Anything that is deemed shit? guess who...

46 minutes ago, G Man said:

Be a little easier to own a birth year guitar if your only going by the chinese zodiak?:unsure:

That's all I've got.

Well, given Henry’s fertile imagination, they might come with your “Westerner zodiacal sign guitar” at any moment... and maybe even guitars based on the Native American horoscope. Everything is possible now! :ph34r:

Year of the Dog Shit, it seems. 

Next year it'll both be behind by 1 year and ahead by 11 :) 

9 hours ago, MCChris said:

This is down right sheer dumb ass stupidity.

Do they think that China is going to buy millions of them????

I mentioned elsewhere recently that I really don't care for doves or other fetish inlays. Those fret markers really max out the needle on the ugly meter. 

Given that dogs are eaten in China, isn't that like trying to sell Americans a guitar with a chicken-wing inlay?

Seriously,  does anyone find anything on that guitar appealing?  I like the body shape, the shade of red is nice,  the knobs and binding are acceptable. Other than that, absolutely nothing. Gold frets?  I guess they could have picked a less masculine dog to use, like,  I don't know,  maybe a cat. 

Jackson beat 'em to the punch on that years ago ...

JAC_JENNAKV3.jpg

On the new Gibson ... I laughed with a friend on Facebook about Gibson's issuing a dog Les Paul ... thanks to their cross-eyed quality control, hit-and-miss approach to craftsmanship and their WTF mentality when it comes to new and/or innovative models or options, probably half the Les Pauls that have been made since the Norlin era have had a dog component. 

Which makes one wonder, does this new Les Paul commemorate a world culture, or does it commemorate Gibson's institutional M.O.? LOL

42 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

Which makes one wonder, does this new Les Paul commemorate a world culture, or does it commemorate Gibson's institutional M.O.? LOL

Surprised they didn't announce and hail it as the first Gibson Les Paul made in China. 

Archived