Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I've got it bad. :(

bubs_42

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Somebody got a Scepter in the late 90's?!?! 

I'm sure Serial could elaborate...

;)

3 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Never mind that.  I want that Stratocaster neck.

I think that is from Jol's favorite '50s Strat (??).

3 minutes ago, MCChris said:

My Shishkov is so good that it shut off my desire for more guitars like a spigot....including other Shishkovs.

I don't think THAT was part of the marketing strategy.

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

I don't think THAT was part of the marketing strategy.

Definitely not, one day Mike will roll out another model and his trigger will be tripped. I think I know his weakness but he will have to wait for it. 

1 hour ago, MCChris said:

My Shishkov is so good that it shut off my desire for more guitars like a spigot....including other Shishkovs.

Thats bullshit and you know it. 

3 hours ago, MCChris said:

Please don't take this wrong, but you're the exception, not the rule.  I'm willing to pay a premium for the first larger bodied semi-hollow Shishkov.  I have ideas. 

17 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Please don't take this wrong, but you're the exception, not the rule.  I'm willing to pay a premium for the first larger bodied semi-hollow Shishkov.  I have ideas. 

I'm watching this space eagerly...

18 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

I'm watching this space eagerly...

That other "Avalon" Mike may have worked on at Hamer (Robin made my Avalons), isn't really what I had in mind.  I'll require "stretching" of the basic Shishkov design.  A little thicker than the current killer semi-hollows.  A little bigger.  Some assumed I envisioned a modified double cut Shishkov.  I'm talking about the single cut...

Ready to order.

21 minutes ago, The Shark said:

That other "Avalon" Mike may have worked on at Hamer (Robin made my Avalons), isn't really what I had in mind.  I'll require "stretching" of the basic Shishkov design.  A little thicker than the current killer semi-hollows.  A little bigger.  Some assumed I envisioned a modified double cut Shishkov.  I'm talking about the single cut...

Ready to order.

No - that's where I was going with this one too...

27 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Ready to order.

Just sayin'......Huber Reit TSB.jpgHuber Reit TSB 1.jpg

25.5" scale makes it killer.

Huber Reit TSB 3.jpg

13 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Thats bullshit and you know it. 

11 hours ago, The Shark said:

I'm not saying it might not get switched on again if Mike comes out with another body style I like, but I don't need another DC and the SC doesn't do it for me. I don't even troll the Elderly used/vintage section for NOS bargains anymore.

Mike and I have discussed what I want but here is the issue....my Strat and telemaster will have to go. No biggie . Even though I love them. No biggie.

In order to fund what I want with Mike, my Newport will have to go and that is my stumbling block. My Artist will never go. But I am getting more and more attached to the Newport.

Life is all about choices....

2 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Have Mike build an exact replica of the Newport. Problem solved.

Like most of your posts, useless. 

2 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Mike and I have discussed what I want but here is the issue....my Strat and telemaster will have to go. No biggie . Even though I love them. No biggie.

In order to fund what I want with Mike, my Newport will have to go and that is my stumbling block. My Artist will never go. But I am getting more and more attached to the Newport.

Life is all about choices....

Then its not time yet. Just remember you will sell the newport regret it and have to buy another one for MORE money later. You could order a spruce top Semi Hollow DC, i'd cash in for one of those. 

NO MINE IS NOT FOR SALE! 

Semi hollow is already covered by the Artist.... what I am aiming for with Mr. Shishkov is not hollow or semi hollow in any way....which is why giving up my Newport is so hard. But I am almost there....

Archived