Hamer Fan Club Message Center

To HELL and back: shipping the '08 Standard Custom

polara

2 minutes ago, devrock said:

I wonder why Andy Sneap didn't buy this off Kevin to use for the Priest tour.

That's the question.

2 minutes ago, devrock said:

He only plays his Edwards explorers on stage....

That's the answer to your question.

• polara changed the title to To HELL and back: shipping the '08 Standard Custom
1 hour ago, devrock said:

That's not really an answer. Is he endorsed by Edwards/ESP?

Yes, that's the answer. I actually offered him both the Standard and the Shishkov for the tour (first JP tour without Hamers onstage ever???) but he flat refused, saying that he had to be seen to be playing ESP/Edwards which is totally fair enough. That company has been very good to him over the years. Plus - the guy likes Edwards guitars a lot. He's also a big fan of the Evertune bridge - but I have no idea if his tour Edwards guitars have these fitted. Hope that helps.

On a side note, thanks to the OP for having the patience of a saint. As he said, both this one and the Shishkov were shipped the same day - the Shishkov arrived in Nebraska before 0830 on Monday morning. Same transit depot, same everything. I guess we just got unlucky. Very happy that it finally got fixed.

29 minutes ago, kevinbower1959 said:

Yes, that's the answer. I actually offered him both the Standard and the Shishkov for the tour (first JP tour without Hamers onstage ever???) but he flat refused, saying that he had to be seen to be playing ESP/Edwards which is totally fair enough. That company has been very good to him over the years. Plus - the guy likes Edwards guitars a lot. He's also a big fan of the Evertune bridge - but I have no idea if his tour Edwards guitars have these fitted. Hope that helps.

On a side note, thanks to the OP for having the patience of a saint. As he said, both this one and the Shishkov were shipped the same day - the Shishkov arrived in Nebraska before 0830 on Monday morning. Same transit depot, same everything. I guess we just got unlucky. Very happy that it finally got fixed.

Thank you, Kevin. I appreciate the clarification! And, yes, he is using the Evertune bridges on this tour. I think he's using a few identical Edwards Explorers. I have been to two shows this past week and haven't seen him holding anything else. 

On a side note (as your for sale post was removed) I'm sorry to see Hell is no more. I loved everything you guys did and wish you the very best moving forward and do hope you continue to heal. Glad to see your axes made it to good homes. Be well.

IMG_3111.JPG

5 hours ago, polara said:

that it was a CITES issue and we started talking wood

Good or bad to know that customs acustomed to CITES now. It sure became delicate to ship guitars overseas. We might need a dummy guide to CITES forms now.

Polara, had the guitar been having CITES forms included or how had it been officially figured out except for your calls?

1 hour ago, gorch said:

Good or bad to know that customs acustomed to CITES now. It sure became delicate to ship guitars overseas. We might need a dummy guide to CITES forms now.

Polara, had the guitar been having CITES forms included or how had it been officially figured out except for your calls?

I'm still puzzled. Apparently, Bad Cop was standing by to send the "Need a Lacey Act" email, and by luck I called Good Cop, who asked about the guitar and was sympathetic. He said he would look into it, and the Lacey email and the "Cleared Customs" emails arrived within seconds of each other.

I THINK this guy just needed to hear that it wasn't old and had no ivory or Brazilian, and he was good to go. But I can only guess, since (as you noted) I was not going to bring the subject up again, once I had the notice it had cleared!

2 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

Lose that affable grin, Rick.

When slinging that axe, you need to REPRESENT it's glorious heritage appropriately

Took the words right outta my mouth, Ed. Corpse paint, divebombs, foot on the monitor and an evil grimace. Nothing else will do. Nothing.

50 minutes ago, kevinbower1959 said:

Took the words right outta my mouth, Ed. Corpse paint, divebombs, foot on the monitor and an evil grimace. Nothing else will do. Nothing.

Linda took video of my doing some high-gain E-string riffing last night, but when I noticed she was recording, I switched off the chug-chug pedal and started playing Elvis' "Mystery Train." She said I need to send it to Kev... I'm sure I look and sound like a complete idiot.

ETA: One foot on a monitor... what the hell does Steve Harris of Iron Maiden do if he used in-ears? Nicest guy ever, but I have to assume he SLEEPS with a bent knee.

steve-harris-iron-maiden-performing-at-m

Archived