Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Glenn Tipton on stage w/ Priest last night in Newark

See for yourself. I don't know about anyone else there, but I teared up. A lot. This is the guitarist who inspired me to start playing when I was 10 years old and I've been a DIE HARD Priest fan ever since then ('82). It's really, really hard to see him like this and it was way more of an emotional experience than I expected. Rob was really sweet. As you can sort of see after the ifrst song, he goes up to Glenn and gives him a kiss on the cheek. These guys love each other. I can't imagine what it must be like for them.

The crowd went berserk for him. 

Always cool seeing that Hamer logo on stage! Remember when it was commonly seen back in the day?

9 hours ago, ZR said:

Always cool seeing that Hamer logo on stage! Remember when it was commonly seen back in the day?

Oh, without a doubt. And that GT is still my number one GAS axe. I was watching some early videos and this is, by far, one of my favorites. It makes me sad to think how much time has passed and what it does to people. Maybe it's just the frame of mind I'm in these days. What a time the 80s were:

19 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Nice.  thanks for posting.  Looking at the 80s video made me wonder:  Was Ian Hill not interested in playing a Hamer? 

Ian had and toured with a number of Hamer basses over the years.  I've got a Jpns gear mag from the '90s with pics of his Chapparal basses, including a B-12L.

8 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Ian had and toured with a number of Hamer basses over the years.  I've got a Jpns gear mag from the '90s with pics of his Chapparal basses, including a B-12L.

Did I remember wrong, but did your son go see them last week? 

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

10 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

It feels good just seeing Glenn Tipton with the band on video.  He is not out yet! 

Ian Hill played a 2nd generation Cruise Bass on the Jugulator tour.  That was in 1998. 

Thanks guys.  Good to know he was included in the Hamer goodness.  I completely have no recollection of him with a Hamer.  But, back then I only really paid attention to the guitar.  

21 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

Did I remember wrong, but did your son go see them last week? 

He did indeed.  No Glenn though, sadly, but he said the show rocked.

6 hours ago, cmatthes said:

He did indeed.  No Glenn though, sadly, but he said the show rocked.

Where did he see them? I've gone to the LI, NJ and (tonight's) CT shows. NJ was the only appearance. And it's rumored he may appear tonight as well. 

DC - at The Anthem.

Glenn was onstage tonight in CT. Identical set list as Tuesday. He seemed a little peppier tonight and he seemed to be really happy to be out there. He was doing his best to rock. 

I've seen them 3x in less than a week. I think I'm done for a while now. :)

Archived