Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD: Incoming Ransom

Has anybody heard of Ransom Guitars?  I think he works out of San Francisco, at the Real Guitars shop there, along with Gary Brawer Guitar Repair.  This guitar got put up on the DGS website late this afternoon, and I couldn't resist.  I really dig the Rick-style 'cat's eye' soundhole, though I'm not that crazy about the gold hardware...but like the old saying goes, I wouldn't throw her outta bed for eatin' crackers!

http://davesguitar.com/products/ransom/semi-hollow-t-recent/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
14 hours ago, Tortious said:

Yeah, did ya get it?

Another one showed up there today and disappeared just as quickly. Grrr.

ISI12579A.jpg

Actually, it's the same one.  I put it up on consignment sale at DGS since that's where I originally got it from, partly because I had no desire to wade through email messages about the guitar from prospective buyers, and have to go over it's history each and every time...especially since I'm not the original owner and/or the guy who spec'd it out in the first place.  It's a looker and it plays great, but I just couldn't bond with it; plus, just because it was an expensive build for someone else (not me) doesn't mean it was gonna flip for a big profit, pretty wood or not.  Reverb has a crapload of private maker and 'custom- built' guitars with high asking prices that have been sitting there for months, and like the saying goes; 'Askin' ain't sellin''.  I didn't realize that there was that much interest in these guitars, otherwise I would have put it up for sale here!  Oh well, shoulda coulda woulda.

Archived