Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer on album covers? —just stumbled upon a sheer one

zorrow

Well, this actually was a single/EP from Krokus, with guitarist Fernando von Arb showing his Scarab off on the cover. The title of the song also suggests Hamer —I’ll let you guys judge for yourselves. :)

Do you have any other album covers featuring Hamers on them? Please do share! 

78AA0727-A9A3-4531-A917-09F57EE80448.jpeg

Ah! Just remembered another one —Brad Gillis’ “Gilrock Ranch”. :)

There should be more...

F47CEDDA-4F48-440E-A3F5-7266704465AB.jpeg

3 hours ago, zorrow said:

Ah! Just remembered another one —Brad Gillis’ “Gilrock Ranch”. :)

There should be more...

F47CEDDA-4F48-440E-A3F5-7266704465AB.jpeg

I know that guitar-well!!

3 hours ago, zorrow said:

Well, this actually was a single/EP from Krokus, with guitarist Fernando von Arb showing his Scarab off on the cover. The title of the song also suggests Hamer —I’ll let you guys judge for yourselves. :)

Whats the other one? - I cant make it out

3 hours ago, Disturber said:

Bildresultat för hamer record cover

Ah! How could I’ve forgotten that one? Even the cover sports a Hamer (not only the back) :)

276F9A56-4A4B-46EA-B1EE-1C6DE652BA86.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bennyboy-UK said:
5 hours ago, zorrow said:

Whats the other one? - I cant make it out

You mean the title? Or the guy to the left, who also seems to have a Hamer in his hands?

If you mean the title, here’s a hint: it contains the name or a Hamer model, and “Ballroom” it is not. :P:lol: 

1 hour ago, Ed Rechts said:

This pic has always cracked me up.

Are we sure that someone didn't just wake Gary up from a late morning post-show stupor and hold that Standard up in front of him, before sending him back to bed?

I met him in my teens at a guitar show.  After he’d done his “clinic” I went over to say how much I enjoyed it and he told me to “F off!”.  I was gutted...

Slight divert but at the same show Paul Gilbert couldn’t give me enough time.  

49 minutes ago, DBraz said:

I met him in my teens at a guitar show.  After he’d done his “clinic” I went over to say how much I enjoyed it and he told me to “F off!”.  I was gutted....  

That is very sad to hear.

Makes you really appreciate the musicians that know they are lucky to be making a living doing something so enjoyable and are grateful to hear from the people who appreciate their music.

3 hours ago, DBraz said:

I met him in my teens at a guitar show.  After he’d done his “clinic” I went over to say how much I enjoyed it and he told me to “F off!”.  I was gutted...

Slight divert but at the same show Paul Gilbert couldn’t give me enough time.  

Paul Gilbert has to be the humblest virtuoso guitarist ever. Looks like a guy I could be friends with. He’s clever, funny and dow-to-earth —and of course, he’s a phenomenal player.

5 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

This pic has always cracked me up.

Are we sure that someone didn't just wake Gary up from a late morning post-show stupor and hold that Standard up in front of him, before sending him back to bed?

I think it was they wouldn't let him sleep until the photos were taken.  :lol:

3 hours ago, DBraz said:

I too am bummed to hear that.  Could you smell booze on him or anything?  

14 hours ago, scottcald said:

I think it was they wouldn't let him sleep until the photos were taken.  :lol:

I too am bummed to hear that.  Could you smell booze on him or anything?  

I remember a thread on mylespaul a few years ago,  where one guy

just lit into gary moore as the most miserable jerk ever.. can't find

the thread, but he was very specifc lol...  sounded like he was in the

industry in England...   

Well, I’m seeing you guys also consider the back cover as a valid part of the cover...

I do get it. It’s like I had limited us just to the missionary posish. :D

Keep’em coming! :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, DaveL said:

I remember a thread on mylespaul a few years ago,  where one guy just lit into gary moore as the most miserable jerk ever.. can't find the thread, but he was very specifc lol...  sounded like he was in the industry in England...   

Well, I have no idea how he was as an individual, but after watching that DVD of SRV and Albert King together trading licks, in which SRV just played his stuff and avoided to show off in front of the old fella, I immediately thought about Gary Moore spitting out notes like a machine gun, going wild and overplaying, no matter who he shared the stage with.

In my mind I was like “this SRV guy was a true gentleman!” by comparing his jam with Albert King to what I had seen Gary Moore doing in front of other legends. Day & night —but I don’t want to be too judgmental.

2 hours ago, PS4 FTW said:

Kind of an obscure one, but the back of Rockit by Widow has a Hamer. Widow+-+inside.jpg

Which he had just got in a trade for a pair of shoes. Lucky guy.

22 hours ago, zorrow said:

You mean the title? Or the guy to the left, who also seems to have a Hamer in his hands?

If you mean the title, here’s a hint: it contains the name or a Hamer model, and “Ballroom” it is not. :P:lol: 

Guy on the left has a Phantom although he often played a Blitz.

1 hour ago, zorrow said:

Well, I have no idea how he was as an individual, but after watching that DVD of SRV and Albert King together trading licks, in which SRV just played his stuff and avoided to show off in front of the old fella, I immediately thought about Gary Moore spitting out notes like a machine gun, going wild and overplaying, no matter who he shared the stage with.

In my mind I was like “this SRV guy was a true gentleman!” by comparing his jam with Albert King to what I had seen Gary Moore doing in front of other legends. Day & night —but I don’t want to be too judgmental.

I saw Stanley Clarke do a solo gig that included jamming with a good local jazz band.  They all got to do a round of solos.  Stanley made sure to hold back the showstopping flashiness when he did his solo and let the local bass player shine during that part of the show.  Like SRV, Stanley Clarke showed some class. 

Ozzy Osbourne said Gary Moore was a "cunt" when asked about Moore possibly playing with Ozzy. 

Archived