Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer on album covers? —just stumbled upon a sheer one

zorrow

3 hours ago, zorrow said:

Well, I have no idea how he was as an individual, but after watching that DVD of SRV and Albert King together trading licks, in which SRV just played his stuff and avoided to show off in front of the old fella, I immediately thought about Gary Moore spitting out notes like a machine gun, going wild and overplaying, no matter who he shared the stage with.

In my mind I was like “this SRV guy was a true gentleman!” by comparing his jam with Albert King to what I had seen Gary Moore doing in front of other legends. Day & night —but I don’t want to be too judgmental.

That's the way it should be.  I can't remember who he was playing with, but I saw a video of Joe Bonamassa playing with some old blues guy and he was spraying notes like a freakin' machine gun.  I thought "what a classless turd" and I have never been able to warm up to him since.

On 26/03/2018 at 5:29 PM, zorrow said:

You mean the title? Or the guy to the left, who also seems to have a Hamer in his hands?

If you mean the title, here’s a hint: it contains the name or a Hamer model, and “Ballroom” it is not. :P:lol: 

Yep, the one on the left :) maybe a Phantom?

Not on a Album Cover but it was the first time I saw a Hamer on Stage with a National act. I HAD to have a Hamer after I saw Jethro Tull Live back in the 70s

Martin Barre.png

Martin Hamer.jpg

Martin Hamer 2.jpg

Martin Standard.jpg

Interesting, the obvious Cheap Trick albums seldomly sport guitars. At least, Next Position Please does.

R-2140555-1380775424-3055.jpeg.jpg

On 26/03/2018 at 11:10 PM, scottcald said:

I too am bummed to hear that.  Could you smell booze on him or anything?  

Honestly don't remember.  I was about a foot away from him.  I didn't even know he had problems with alcohol at the time.  Looking back on it I am not bothered.  Its the only occasion I have met a celeb guitarist and had a negative reaction.

19 hours ago, tommy p said:

That's the way it should be.  I can't remember who he was playing with, but I saw a video of Joe Bonamassa playing with some old blues guy and he was spraying notes like a freakin' machine gun.  I thought "what a classless turd" and I have never been able to warm up to him since.

Bonamassa at least can argue he was young and immature, as he has been OK on all his recent performances along older masters I’ve watched.

Gary Moore though, I don’t know... it seems he was like that (very dominant on the stage), until the end. But well, every story has two sides to it. 

15 hours ago, custom53 said:

Not on a Album Cover but it was the first time I saw a Hamer on Stage with a National act. I HAD to have a Hamer after I saw Jethro Tull Live back in the 70s

.... snip...

Form the back cover of "Bursting Out". You can't see the headstock, but we know what it is...

493212198fc23

5 hours ago, gorch said:

Interesting, the obvious Cheap Trick albums seldomly sport guitars. At least, Next Position Please does.

R-2140555-1380775424-3055.jpeg.jpg

Love that album.  And One on One as well.

Who am I kidding?  I like them all.

26 minutes ago, hamerican gigolo said:

Hello,

Dream Police, anyone??? B)

Nope! Doesn‘t have a guitar up front.

8 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

40 years later, it's obvious which of the five was trying to attract the male gender. 

Have the lita ford book.   Interesting read.  probably not as enjoyable if your name is tony iommi.  Just sayin.   

On 3/27/2018 at 4:45 AM, PS4 FTW said:

Kind of an obscure one, but the back of Rockit by Widow has a Hamer. Widow+-+inside.jpg

That's my buddy Jay Boone with the T-bird bass. He now owns Emerald City Guitars in Pioneer Square Seattle.

On 3/26/2018 at 2:18 PM, DBraz said:

I met him in my teens at a guitar show.  After he’d done his “clinic” I went over to say how much I enjoyed it and he told me to “F off!”.  I was gutted...

Slight divert but at the same show Paul Gilbert couldn’t give me enough time.  

That happened to me with John Frusciante once after a solo gig of his...he really meant it.  I said, "really? F you too!"

On 3/26/2018 at 2:18 PM, DBraz said:

I met him in my teens at a guitar show.  After he’d done his “clinic” I went over to say how much I enjoyed it and he told me to “F off!”.  I was gutted...

Slight divert but at the same show Paul Gilbert couldn’t give me enough time.  

And it was likely Insecure Gary's intent to gut you. From all the stories I've read of people's first-hand experiences with Gary Moore, he's been described as everything from a person "who could be difficult" to "a f*cking a**hole". Accounts of his behavior have me convinced he was a dyed-in-the-wool narcissist, and a bully to boot. Kinda takes the paint off his talent for me.

image.png

On the front cover checkerboard and Hamer - damn I can't remember the bands name though, I have it somewhere.

Hamerica

Archived