Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Queen 40 years WWRY

gorch

On German TV channel Arte I have just seen a Queen documentary on 40 years of We Will Rock You. Containing material from last years US concerts and history the-making-of material of an unfinished movie of the 70s. Dunno where to get it in the US. However, I thought it‘s worth to mention so the link can be digged out.

I’ve got tickets for the cologne summer stadium show. Can’t wait to see them again. The current show is fantastic!

It's become such a sporting event cliche that it's hard listen to it through the ears of a first time encounter, but what a ballsy out-of-nowhere anthem.  And to keep it simply to the drums and claps, Freddy and the male group chorus, and then finally that solo, that solo, that solo.

Rock and roll in the purest sense.

Ups, I’ve totally messed things up. They are celebrating News Of The World, the full album. The song is so much synonymous for the album and period as the musical was named after it.

Title of the documentary is “Queen - Rock the World“

Here’s an intro to it.

"News of the World" was my first LP (album)  I´ve got. After all those years I still love the music.

Unfortunately I have failed to join a concert in the 80´s and without Freddie (and John) it will never be "Queen" again. (for me)

3 hours ago, JochenP said:

"News of the World" was my first LP (album)  I´ve got. After all those years I still love the music.

Unfortunately I have failed to join a concert in the 80´s and without Freddie (and John) it will never be "Queen" again. (for me)

Jochen, have you seen the documentary on Arte? It’s worth to watch.

Archived