Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bid early, bid often

Only $10k to start. Absolute steal. :ph34r:

17378407],sizedata[850x600]&call=url[fil

The Who - A Pete Townshend Stage-Used and Smashed 1964 Sonic Blue Fender Stratocaster Guitar from the Band's December 1, 1967 Concert at Long Island Arena in Commack, NY (1967).
In two separate, smashed and splintered pieces. The serial number - DL24643 - on the neck plate identifies the guitar as a 1964 Fender Sonic Blue guitar. The entire story detailing the night of 12/1/1967, the smashing of the guitar, the catching of the guitar by the owner, and the history of the guitar are in a handwritten statement from the man who has owned this guitar for 50 years now. Accompanied by a handwritten 2 page letter from the original owner, ticket stub from the show, COA from Rock Star Yard Sale, and 2 aluminum engraved plaques suitable for framing. Similar Townshend smashers have sold for as much as $75K and a 1964 Fender alone would cost more than $14,000 to go buy today!

https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/music-memorabilia/instruments/the-who-a-pete-townshend-stage-used-and-smashed-1964-sonic-blue-fender-stratocaster-guitar-from-the-band-s-december-1-1967/a/7176-89636.s

Still can't puzzle out why people ever thought smashing guitars, drums, amps, hotel rooms, etc was "cool"...along with baggy saggy pants that show your underwear...

21 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

kizanski could salvage the strap knob and use it.

That and the neck plate are the only things I can see in that photo that are worth a damn.
I would stick them on my Fackyo SCHARTER and r-o-w-m-c-o.

I grew up right near the LI Arena. It was a freakin' tiny Ice Rink. Saw a ton of amazing shows. 10 Years After, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult, Skynrd... and was at the Frampton show where they recored part of Frampton Comes Alive! That place is rock n roll history baby!

Archived