Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ok...my neighbor bought some tubes for me today...,I have plenty and want to allow y’all to buy them from me....

Baldwin labeled 12ax7 USA made.. they look like Ratheon or Sylvania grey longplate. Let’s do $25 a pop shipped. Tests great on my tester and more importantly, it sounds killer through a 5f1 tweed Champ. These are simply awesome preamp tubes. They sound great and last forever compared to the current production crap.

1 Baldwin labeled USA 12ax7 that is noisy as a preamp but works perfectly glorious as a phase inverter...PIs can be microphonic cause they have a different purpose....let’s do $15 shipped.

Next up is a set of matched USA 6l6GC power tubes...all USA made goodness...all test good in my amps and on a tester. Let’s do $60 shipped per matched pair, OBO

USA made goodness, y’all... no longer made...these also are what amps were designed around and for. Killer tone for low bones.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r280bdjnos29n5s/IMG_1646.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxgh1fbzzkimjkf/IMG_3898.JPG?dl=0

No one needs USA 6L6GCs...? I have 3 sets of 5881s for my Bassman plus an NOS set of 6l6gbs (not WGB, but GB) so I have a lifetime’s worth of big Fender glass.

I do not want to sell on Reverb if I don’t have too. Prices are gonna get stupid low soon cause I want someone here to have them.

One of the tubes in one matched pair is a Tung Sol. It’s mate looks different so I don’t believe it’s a Tung Sol. 

Ok 4 of the 12ax7s and one set of 6l6s are gone.

Still  have 1 good 12ax7, another 12ax7 fit to be a PI, and a set of 6l6s.

I just now discovered the remaining 6l6GC set is RCA. That’s a good thing. I found a cool chart online similar to the speaker code charts but for USA tubes.

YES! Saved. I really don't have any amps that are worthy of real US 6L6 tubes. They deserve to be in a Fender Twin or some other amp where they can really shine.

Tbone, any amp that takes them will benefit from old USA or Euro tubes....IME that last long, even if they start out used...and the tone is better. And THAT is the important thing. 

Archived