Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jimi Hendrix live 1969

I had this on cassette tape, from Swedish radio, in the 80's. Found it on a double CD in the late 90's. Jimi did two shows at Konserthuset in Stockholm in January 1969, both are on the CD I have.

These film tapes were found in 2014 on a shelve at the Swedish national tv archive. The archive notes had said that the tapes had been deleted in april 1969. 

The picture quality is great, and the sound quality is awesome as it was taped and recorded for broadcast. Enjoy!

This is why he remains my pick for most influential rock guitarist. No need to state how f-ing amazing this guy was.

Some less relevant observations:  much has changed since the 60's re: putting on a live show. The "dead" time as they tuned up and adjusted amp settings was something you wouldn't likely see at a show in the last 30 years. Also, the stage was sparse to say the least- audiences were there primarily for the music and less so for the spectacle of theatrics and trappings inherent in modern shows. Entertainment came directly from the musicians. 

10 hours ago, Disturber said:

The picture quality is great, and the sound quality is awesome as it was taped and recorded for broadcast. Enjoy!

Thanks mate! Great to see some new stuff. 

Archived