Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Little Throwback to Jol's Crow Guitar

NIce playin', TW!

At 0:56  is that really a thermometer and a humidity gauge built into the case?  I realize this is truly a unique instrument given the Ducotone/melted mothboth finish, but this is getting down to museum-standards atmospheric analysis.  It is a cool idea, but has anybody seen this before? The Greg V Ducotone/melted mothboth Talladega shipped in a standard Hamer case. Nothing fancy.  Maybe I need to take better care of it.  I will shoot some pictures in the next two weeks.  The play wear is really amazing.  A lot of the crackling has not survived, but the undercoating is just amazing.

One of my favorite finishes of all time. I hear it is super brittle but I really dig it. That amp if i'm not mistaken is the same one that is in the Talladega Ads. I have one in a lot that is coming up FS. Very Cool Amps. 

The amp and guitar are terrific. I have one (amp) I’d never sell.

Would love to own the guitar too. Although that might never happen.

They are terrific amps, I just spent some time with one last night. Due the old tweed trick and turn it on 3 and just goose it with something and the amp gets pretty big and the bottom stays tight'ish and single notes stay full. Totally surprised, has anyone else upgraded the speaker? This one has a Weber in it and sounds great. 

4 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

has anyone else upgraded the speaker? This one has a Weber in it and sounds great. 

Looking for a replacement speaker as the original long lost transparency. Although this could be a feature.

9 minutes ago, gorch said:

Looking for a replacement speaker as the original long lost transparency. Although this could be a feature.

Well good luck finding one that fits in the cab and allows you to put the back on. Running this one without the back and it sounds killer. This one isn't mine, it is on loan and will be on the market soon. 

Archived