Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Guitar

1963 SG Junior. It is a refin and has some other issues that made it affordable.  I love this thing. The perfect guitar for me.  Plays and sounds fantastic. I can’t keep my hands off it.  I love the Junior and the SG Classic so much that I was willing to let Rockola Steve talk me into selling him Greatest Hamer Ever.  I expect him to post shortly...

AEAA800B-F545-4D0D-9A8F-65B57235CD81.jpeg

3 hours ago, 0054 said:

JRs are my favorites

^^^ What he said! With this guy 100%! No kidding, only Shishkov Junior I know off. You rule 0054! Congrats on your new guitar Jack C! Something special about simplicity! Enjoy!

SG Junior in Polaris White ... hubba, hubba. If I hadn't happened upon my '55 singlecut when I did and found myself seeking a Junior outright, it would have likely been or would be a player-grade mid-60s SGJ just like yours. GREAT score! 

12 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

When I hear SG Junior my first thought is always, "Is it a 3/4 scale?"  Yours looks like a normal scale.  Good job!

It’s just like a Les Paul Junior, but with the SG body.  Full scale rock machine. 

Recorded with a '63 just like yours back in '94. It was the shiznit, only bested by a '59 Jr. owned by the same guy I borrowed the '63 from.

It says something that a shredder like Jake E. Lee loves his SG Jr. and has recorded with it extensively. They're just cool. 

I stupidly passed on one of those back when you could actually find them for $500.  The neck and the sound of that guitar definitely made me regret that decision (rather, indecision) for decades.

Archived