Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: 2007 Hamer Standard Custom Black Transparent 3 Lollar Firebird Pickups Willcutt's

Selling another USA Hamer Standard Custom in Black Transparent.

This was a custom order by Willcutt's Guitars. This is 1 of 5 made and the only one in black transparent. I am the second owner.

Black transparent finish on a wide flame maple top, chambered body. 
Weighs 8 lbs., 5.2 ounces.

10 partial Victory inlays on an ebony fretboard. Bound headstock and inlaid logo.

'59 style neck profile: 1st fret - .854", 12th fret - .906"

Three Lollar Firebird Pickups with factory custom wiring.

It has a master volume, middle pickup volume and a ToneStyler tone pot.
The middle pickup is wired to the middle knob and can be added in or turned completely off to allow 6 different pickup combinations.
The ToneStyler is a 16-position Tone/EQ control.

Chrome hardware, with factory TonePros locking bridge, tailpiece and Schaller Tuners.

It has a few small impressions on the bottom lower left horn as pictured. 
These are very hard to photograph. Nothing breaking the finish, just impressions.
Otherwise great condition. 

COA and original hardshell case included.

SOLD to a HFC’er!

3Fix3Nh.jpg

WTOIV0I.jpg

6unvKIP.jpg

xaS04D4.jpg

96uAaZ9.jpg

fbuWzSZ.jpg

NjPDzBX.jpg

XTb6Qes.jpg

6oePCfZ.jpg

yHFMevG.jpg

ljvSMqx.jpg

KutgBx0.jpg

GhjeAc7.jpg

jfBQyza.jpg

HJ2JxDo.jpg

4hQSYcV.jpg

9eVgBOy.jpg

Wonderful ! I remember I have seen this one before. Great example of a Standard. Would suit my selection quite well though.

8 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

I just peed a little.

This is where there are dropboxes for. B)

Just curious...what do the Loller Firebird pickups sound like in a Standard? I had an early '90's Gibson Firebird and remember the pickups being very bright and not really as aggressive as a full size humbucker. But that could have just been the way the stock Gibson pickups were. How would you compare it side by side with the humbucker Standard tonally?

It is definitely brighter than a regular humbucker, but I would not say they’re not as aggressive. They can definitely hang with buckers in my opinion.

The Lollar firebird pickups are really good, but they do have some bite to them. The ToneStyler really helps produce a lot of different tonal variations to tame the brightness. 

• 2 weeks later...

That guitar was originally mine and I sold it to deadringer.  It was an easy transaction and he's a good guy to deal with.

Killer guitar for someone.

conorb

• 2 weeks later...

I have found I love Firebird pups the best for humbuckers....at least today. That thing is drop dead gorgeous and I bet it does everything from Strat tones to full on buckers. Wow. 

GLWTS. That is just stunning....

Actually, that‘s the hell of a Standard! Just saying.

In keeping with the chrome, black, and overall bsd ass theme, may I suggest removing the gold speed knobs and installing chrome or black chrome Skull of Death knobs61x7nouSSLL._SL1000_.jpg

Man, I've never even played (or held a standard for that matter) but this thing is beautiful!  Certainly on my list to try in the near future.  GLWTS!

Archived