Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bye Bye Buckingham

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And who recalls that talented guitarists Dave Mason and Rick Vito were members of that band for one album each?

Wouldn't surprise me to hear calls for the mighty Mac to stick a fork in itself on accounta it's done. YMMV

I hate bands that have almost now original members.....but this is cool. Lindsay always seemed weird to me.....the girls are singing and ,MC will cover the Green era most capably on guitar..._I, for one, cannot wait for this tour. Best of all Mac worlds. 

Who is this Neil Finn dude and what does he do..  sing LB’s parts? I know less than nothing about Crowded House.. 

12 hours ago, kurtsstuff said:

Took 2 to replace 1?? Hmm??

Campbell can't sing. The last time Buckingham was jettisoned they replaced him with two guys as well (Billy Burnette and Rick Vito).

11 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

I hate bands that have almost now original members.....but this is cool. Lindsay always seemed weird to me.....the girls are singing and ,MC will cover the Green era most capably on guitar..._I, for one, cannot wait for this tour. Best of all Mac worlds. 

How much Green-era stuff are fans of "coed Mac" (as Brooks likes to call them) going to give two shits about?

13 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Who is this Neil Finn dude and what does he do..  sing LB’s parts? I know less than nothing about Crowded House.. 

Younger brother of Tim Finn (Split Enz).  Crowded House is a great band  - So much more than just the hits like, "Don't Dream It's Over" or "Italian Plastic".  Check out the album "Woodface" or the live "Farewell To The World" to get an idea of the breadth of their work.  Another good choice is The Finn Brothers', "Everyone Is Here". 

I think Neil's voice will work well as an LB replacement, and he is equally talented on guitar and piano.  Agree that the choice is a bit out of left field, but should be great!

2 hours ago, MCChris said:

Campbell can't sing. The last time Buckingham was jettisoned they replaced him with two guys as well (Billy Burnette and Rick Vito).

How much Green-era stuff are fans of "coed Mac" (as Brooks likes to call them) going to give two shits about?

Not much, but Mick Fleetwood still loves that era and plays all those tunes in his side gig. I would love it. I also love the co-ed FMac so it is a win-win for me.

We will see. Stevie was an honorary Heartbreaker and collaborated with TP a whole lot.....I have a feeling she was responsible for getting MC in (Campbell, not Muse) the band. 

I need to check out Crowded House.

Neill Finn is up there with the greats of the last 30 years in terms of songwriting. Also a fine singer and player. But Fleetwood Mac having a lineup change at this stage of their career is about as meaningful as Paul Revere and the Raiders changing drummers. It's 2018.

3 minutes ago, polara said:

Neill Finn is up there with the greats of the last 30 years in terms of songwriting. Also a fine singer and player. But Fleetwood Mac having a lineup change at this stage of their career is about as meaningful as Paul Revere and the Raiders changing drummers. It's 2018.

At the end of the day all that matters is whether people will buy tickets and attend the shows. Most won't care who's playing guitar, the draws are Stevie Nicks and the song catalog.

Just now, MCChris said:

At the end of the day all that matters is whether people will buy tickets and attend the shows. Most won't care who's playing guitar, the draws are Stevie Nicks and the song catalog.

Yep, like Foreigner and a bunch of the other classics, they've gone from being a band to being a brand.

Archived