Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS:1972 Les Paul Deluxe SOLD!!!

So by buddy Doug has decided to sell of a few of his guitars to due what most of us do. BUY MORE GEAR! So after a few false starts I offered to put his items out on the market for him. I have handled each item, I am responsible for shipping the items as well taking the payments. 

So here we go, 1972 Les Paul Deluxe that came out from under a bed in Pekin IL a few years ago. Whole guitar has that classic aged patina, along with a little wear and tear from bering playing live for a short time before the original owner packed it up and packed it in. Mahogany Neck, Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Rosewood Fretboard, weighs in at just over 9LBS (Sorry its not heavier! LOL) The Jack plate has been replaced but no solder joint has been touched. NO BREAKS,  its a clean Les Paul for its age, but the only thing I don't think I got a good shot of was the lacquer crack coming form the tone knob. Jack most likely got tighten a little too tight at some point. Original OEM Case, all latches and lock works. The case line is still super red, like they day it was made. 

SOLD!

TZwBJ2r.jpg

Av19798.jpg

TxsZlnG.jpg

NUAHIUv.jpg

kGdewqX.jpg

frmh82K.jpg

tRJgZo6.jpg

w6l2sAt.jpg

6S0XSVv.jpg

MpjEHmR.jpg

Da4sEE5.jpg

GZzKUud.jpg

5VFanZ9.jpg

8nqfDXh.jpg

ovnxyDw.jpg

Silvertone 1482, This one has been upgraded with a Weber Signature Speaker, the amp was also recapped, updated power chord installed, tubes tested and or replaced by Brian Carstens of Carstens Amplifiers. Brian also bridged the two channels so you can used the tremolo with either input. I am having a hard time listing this one, because it really does sound freaking great. 

The back is included but the speaker is just deep enough you can't put the back on, man is is so close, but not enough. 

$450 shipping and Paypal Included. 

yy3iyM5.jpg

cdZXMDm.jpg

6wHr2hG.jpg

yHPgS8X.jpg

BsBJ85Z.jpg

zLOYJdS.jpg

fgXBhFL.jpg

EaA7ek9.jpg

bcVFQ6c.jpg

egNgjvP.jpg

zvwEK5y.jpg

LhFRlSn.jpg

TimGbdt.jpg

sNT5K1I.jpg

SZDBNYe.jpg

kvxAHhd.jpg

8oey3jE.jpg

PlaPGpt.jpg

Hju43lU.jpg

2 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

I really hate you for that LP right now.

Then my job here is done. :P

I do have some rubber bushing that I can put between the screws and the back. No issue for me to do that for the buyer. Other than the speakers from the 50's/early 60's they amps freaking rock! 

2 hours ago, tommy p said:

Killer LP!  Deluxes are cool, that burst is perfect, and I often prefer plainer tops like that to flamed or quilted tops.

Thanks Tommy, Doug is a great guy and with every sale we he gets closer to going after his own grail. 

Another victory for bubs! The back is on the Silvertone with NO MODS! ;) Baffle need to be loosened and reseated, all is well in ampville. I also did some searching and with the prices on these amps close to what we are asking, you know this one has all the work done already, up front, no worries! NO BRAINER!

8Z0QE4C.jpg

oYNZew6.jpg

oLMfgBW.jpg

@gtrdaddy, I know I think I need to add some weight to it. I didn't know that 9lbs was worse than 13lbs. Go figure. 

I was also super surprised that when hooked the Silvertone up to a Pine Cabinet, that the tone didn't change the way I thought it would. The difference was marginal, and the amp still retained its raw rock n roll sound. 

37 minutes ago, tommy p said:

You're killing me, Smalls!

That is what i'm hear for. Clean, Mahogany Neck, 9lbs, what else could you want? ;)  Oh yes, how about a shallow valute? Big enough it add the strength, but small enough to stay the F out of the way. :)

• 1 month later...

Hmmm.... a few questions about the LPD from my friend M.A. Troll:

What's the acoustic voice? 

Can you break out the calipers and let us know the width and girth of the neck at the first, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 12th and19th fret? 

When you're holding it in your hand, does the wood feel solid?

Are the inlays original? 

Was the guitar made in the 1Q of  '72 or the end of 4Q of '71? 

Does the case smell like the onion rings they serve at Judge's Chamber? 

Does the guitar play classic rock or country music? 

1 hour ago, BubbaVO said:

Hmmm.... a few questions about the LPD from my friend M.A. Troll:

What's the acoustic voice? Bright and Clear

Can you break out the calipers and let us know the width and girth of the neck at the first, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 12th and19th fret? Yes, I have the neck measurements. 

When you're holding it in your hand, does the wood feel solid? Yes, but not a boat anchor. 

Are the inlays original? Yes.

Was the guitar made in the 1Q of  '72 or the end of 4Q of '71? With its appointments I would say, its is early 72.

Does the case smell like the onion rings they serve at Judge's Chamber? Like a new case. 

Does the guitar play classic rock or country music? Both and by itself, you won't get in its way. 

All seriouseness the guitar is still available. We understand that we are asking a healthy prices, but this is a fine guitar. I'm sorry its not heavier for some of the 70's LP Guys, but its closet classic condition, unbroken and all original. 

Archived