Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Last Tom Holmes Sunburst S/N?

DaveX

Question

Does anyone know the (approximate) serial number of the last Tom Holmes made Sunburst model??!!

2 answers to this question

Serial will have the details, but I'm not sure it's that simple. What blanks were shipped from Holmes to be assembled at Hamer is ambiguous. Add into the mix unfinished guitars that would have been numbered later than their woodworking…

For dots necks, you can assume wide-spaced dots = Holmes, narrow spaced-dots = Hamer. I have seen an early 1980 Sunburst that has a narrow-spaced dot neck and a bound-body that probably came from Holmes. The rumour is that Hamer couldn't manage the binding at first, so switched production to the Special until the skill could be built up.

The only guide I can give you is up to the first production Special, very roughly about 0 1600.

Well.................this is a 1979 Black Hamer Sunburst I bought  in Canada.......................its serial number is the last one listed for a 1979 [ 9 1450] Hamer Sunburst 

Sure there were some Holmes made guitars [Sunbursts] after this one though.WCcMwzz.jpgK9oJd3X.jpgpnang8F.jpgf7ZUaSK.jpg                         Hamer Sunburst Serial Numbers.

• 1970s: 7 0001 - 9 1450
  • 1980s: 0 1451 - 9 24192
  • 1990s: 0 24193 - 9 50155
  • 2000s: 0 50156 - present

Archived