Hamer Fan Club Message Center

As per request: The Most Righteous HFC Hamers, 2018 Edition

polara

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/20/2018 at 9:35 AM, bruce919 said:

07 Special K with Humbuckers . Must have been custom ordered . Think is in Honey Finsh over Korina 🤨

4E75CA27-6F7E-47F2-8772-48D3F9D48B36.jpeg

9C5F0FC2-163B-4E6F-9631-08BBE7204C01.jpeg

68EB16D2-D8CE-421E-83A5-2EBC5537564D.jpeg

Looks like mahogany to me. Also interesting that they put Monaco Elite on the TRC. Sweet regardless!

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:07 AM, Jeff R said:

Uline affordably sells masking tape in 1", 3/4", 1/2" and 1/4" widths and those latter thin rolls makes the masking task MUCH, MUCH faster and more effective.

Thanks for that tip! I recently decided did some fretwork on one of my guitars and after taking at least half an hour just to tape the fretboard I was left thinking there has to be a better way. I almost posted to ask the question but was sidetracked (in a good way) when the guitar turned out very playable after I finished working on it. :-)

Jem.jpg

2 hours ago, HAMERMAN said:

Thanks for that tip! I recently decided did some fretwork on one of my guitars and after taking at least half an hour just to tape the fretboard I was left thinking there has to be a better way. I almost posted to ask the question but was sidetracked (in a good way) when the guitar turned out very playable after I finished working on it. 🙂

Jem.jpg

To give you an idea of how much that thin tape speeds the masking process ... one 1/4" strip is the exact width as the space between the 23rd and 24th frets on a 25.5 scale neck with jumbo frets. AKA Unless you're dealing with a Cali, a Virt or another extended fretboard axe, you're not cutting tape to width anywhere on the neck.

Archived