Electraglide.png

That's Sam's SECOND Electraglide...

Killer guitar.

Here's the first (MY grail), but with a non original bridge pickup:

Hamer SMG Electraglide.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The black and white matching Standards with sustain block bridges are bad ass!! Again, you really can't beat a Standard in my mind. That and the Vector are the ultimate. Speaking of ultimate, I hope Shishkov starts making the Ultimate again. I think there are a lot of us who would order one immediately. Hint hint. 

On 4/21/2018 at 1:52 AM, Caddie said:

Lute

hb_89.2.157.jpg

Maker: Sixtus Rauchwolff (German, Augsburg 1556?–after 1629)

Headstock Courtesy of UPS Custom Shop (2011 after 1:00am)

Date: 1596

Geography: Augsburg, Germany

Culture: German

Medium: Rosewood, ivory, wood, ebony

Dimensions: Height: 23 in. (58.4 cm)
Width: 7 in. (17.8 cm)

The Seedless Watermelon Mandolino - finish by Stike

hb_2008.2a,b_av1.jpgmi1972.111.1a-c.AV1.jpg

Oh my goodness. Look at that inlay work.

On 4/21/2018 at 4:06 PM, kizanski said:

The White Plains, NY Sam Ash and Guiliano's Custom Guitars were my two haunts back in the '80s.

Same here, I feel like I grew up in those stores

very subjective of course, but my doubleneck remains a unique specimen.

There's also the JLV TLE, and say what you will about what I did to it; Murkat took a beat to shit unplayable guitar and made it not only beautiful, but a righteous instrument with a wide tonal palette that it just didn't have with the original thick-goop factory finish.

IMG_5824.jpg

Truly, the Mother of all Holy Grail Righteous Hamers has to be the Impact Guitar.

download.jpeg

and although it really isn't terribly outstanding anymore, do we really tire of Jim O'Connor Virtuosos? :D

IMG_58291.jpg

5 hours ago, tobereeno said:

Truly, the Mother of all Holy Grail Righteous Hamers has to be the Impact Guitar.

download.jpeg

and although it really isn't terribly outstanding anymore, do we really tire of Jim O'Connor Virtuosos? :D

IMG_58291.jpg

Does anyone know where that Impact is currently?

1 minute ago, pablo said:

" The Black Bastard"

love that name<_<

"Bastard" because it was bastardized, more than once.
It led an interesting life.
Originally sold in England, routed for a LEFTY Strat trem, restored (by me) with a Sustain Block, vandalized with stupid Cheap Trick bumper stickers, restored again (by me) with a fret job and a partial refinish...
The sad truth is that it never sounded as good as when it had the Strat trem in it.
I can't explain it, but @serial and @cmatthes can back me up on this.

7 hours ago, tobereeno said:

very subjective of course, but my doubleneck remains a unique specimen.

There's also the JLV TLE, and say what you will about what I did to it; Murkat took a beat to shit unplayable guitar and made it not only beautiful, but a righteous instrument with a wide tonal palette that it just didn't have with the original thick-goop factory finish.

IMG_5824.jpg

Any double neck owner has the right to be righteous.  And a double Cali is something to behold.

57 minutes ago, DBraz said:

Any double neck owner has the right to be righteous.  And a double Cali is something to behold.

It has been argued that due to having only 24 frets, non slanted (the Michal Fath doubleneck also as 24 frets but are slanted at the end), plus the Virtuoso headstock, made this "not quite a Cali"....but it's far closer to being a Californian doubleneck with several options than a separate model altogether.

2 hours ago, Jfritts said:

Does anyone know where that Impact is currently?

Hard Rock Cafe has it, if I understand correctly. They also have a couple of unique Kip Winger basses. <sigh>

9 hours ago, tobereeno said:

download.jpeg

IMG_58291.jpg

How does one get fingerboard wear on a scalloped neck?

4 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

I know right?? Puzzled the hell out of me, but over the 16 years I've owned this guitar the wear spots just continued to grow so I have no one to blame but myself. Several of them seem to come from bends - fretting a note spot on has my finger floating above the board, but when I bend, parts of my finger start dragging on the fingerboard. This evening I'll post photos of my solution; some might respect it, others will retch (to be fair, no frets were removed!)

Also, they aren't the deepest scallops and I have a heavy left hand, even with 0.011s.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 11:21 AM, Studio Custom said:

@tobereeno, did/do you mask the fingerboard when you clean/de-tarnish/polish frets? That wear - especially considering it's a scalloped board - looks like the product of a micro-abrasive over time applied to both frets and the spaces between.

On that note, do this (below photo) if and when you clean your frets, kiddos, regardless of your fretboard wood and presence or lack of its finish. Here's a before and after of very overdue fret maintenance on a rosewood-board 1965 Precision Bass. Uline affordably sells masking tape in 1", 3/4", 1/2" and 1/4" widths and those latter thin rolls makes the masking task MUCH, MUCH faster and more effective.

31959446_1825186661116843_49418915609344

Archived