Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Chaparral Custom questions...

Hi all, new guy here. I am thinking of selling my '80's Hamer Chaparral Custom soon and am looking for some advice. The guitar currently has a set of EMG's on it. I also own the original pickups. Although I think the EMG's are an "upgrade", do you guys think I should put the original pickups back on or just offer the guitar as is and include the original pickups (and original HSC)?

marshall5.jpg

12 minutes ago, RobB said:

Depends on whether you can use the EMGs later. If not, I’d leave it as is and include the original p/us in the sale. 

What he said. Plus, whoever ends up buying it might be an EMG fan. No need to go to the trouble.

Nice guitar and nice rig!

Some people are hopeless pickup swappers, always trying something different.  Others will love EMG's.  Many will want all the original parts. 

To third what RobB said, if you think you will use the EMG's later hang on to them and put back in the original pickups.  If not, take the advice of MCChris and save yourself a little bit of labor. 

Are those knobs original? 

9 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Some people are hopeless pickup swappers, always trying something different.  Others will love EMG's.  Many will want all the original parts. 

To third what RobB said, if you think you will use the EMG's later hang on to them and put back in the original pickups.  If not, take the advice of MCChris and save yourself a little bit of labor. 

Are those knobs original? 

Sharp eye Steve, those knobs are not original. I may still have the originals, I usually save everything. I had swapped knobs several times on this guitar over the years. For a while I had speed knobs on it. I like the gold, matches the hardware. I hope it won't be a selling point. Guess I be digging through my spare parts bin looking for those knobs.

Thanks for the advice guys. I actually could use those pickups or at the least sell them separately. Which brings me to my next question. I did find a wiring schematic for the three mini switch / HSS config. It's a bit blurry though. I was hopping someone here would have the 3 mini/HSS Chaparral and could send me a gut shot of the control cavity. What do you think?

Archived